Director of Public Relations & Communications
Function (Scope and Main Purpose of Job)
The Director of Public Relations & Communications is responsible for the development and implementation of communications programs for Live Casino. This individual will also work across business units. Execute and oversee program launches utilizing print, multi-media, advertising and internet mediums. Previous brand development experience is critical. Must possess excellent relationship skills, outstanding presentation skills and can think creatively and strategically. Candidate needs to be able to work collaboratively and should have management experience.
Core Service Standards
CLEAN: Must make the property shine and look impeccable while maintaining a neat CLEAN and crisp personal appearance.
SAFE: Must make guests feel SAFE and comfortable through creating a worry free, carefree experience.
FAST: Provide FAST and efficient service with accuracy. Meet service time requirements and anticipate guest needs.
FRIENDLY: Greet each guest with FRIENDLY welcomes, making eye contact and smiling. Use H.E.A.R.T. steps to ease guest concerns. Say thank you to departing guests.
FUN: Work passionately as a team to create a FUN experience both for everyone who works and plays here.
Specific Responsibilities and Duties
- Responsible for creating, implementing and measuring the success of:
- A comprehensive communications and public relations program that will enhance the Organization’s image and position within the marketplace and the general public, and facilitate internal and external communications;
- All Organization communications and public relations activities and materials including publications, media relations, client acquisition and so forth.
- Ensure articulation of Organization’s desired image and position, assure consistent communication of image and position throughout the Organization, and assure communication of image and position to all areas, both internal and external.
- Responsible for editorial direction, design, production and distribution of all Organization publications.
- Coordinate media interest in the Organization and ensure regular contact with target media and appropriate response to media requests.
- Act as the Organization’s representative with the media.
- Coordinate the appearance of all Organization print and electronic materials such as letterhead, use of logo, brochures, etc.
- Develop, coordinate and oversee programs, technical assistance and resource materials to assist chapters in the marketing, communications and positioning of their activities.
- Provide counsel to departments on communications and public relations.
- Ensure that the Organization regularly conducts relevant market research and coordinate and oversee this activity. Monitor trends.
- Leads projects as assigned, such as cause-related marketing and special events.
- Act as main contact and build collaborative relationships with community organizations, local leaders and government stakeholders
- Oversee the property’s community engagement work and giving program including donation efforts and volunteer opportunities
- Represent the property at community programs and events
Job Requirements (skills, knowledge, and abilities)
- Demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience in the design and execution of communications and public relations activities.
- Strong creative, strategic, analytical, organizational and personal sales skills.
- Experience developing and managing budgets, and hiring, training, developing, supervising and appraising personnel.
- Demonstrated successful experience writing press releases, making presentations and negotiating with media.
- Experience overseeing the design and production of print materials and publications.
- Computer literacy in word processing, data base management and page layout.
- Commitment to working with shared leadership and in cross-functional teams.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at a time.
- Ability to solve complex problems.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in marketing, communications or public relations with demonstrated success.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, marketing, public relations preferred. Graduate degree in a related field is desirable.
- Must be able to comply with all state gaming regulations, which may include obtaining a license.
- The ability to work irregular hours and extended shifts, including late nights, early mornings, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to work extended hours across all shifts in a 24/7 work environment.
- Ability to be exposed to alcohol, smoke, bright lights, and noise.
- Ability to walk up and down 31 stairs to the Casino floor.
- 24/7 high energy casino with over 300,000 sq. ft of gaming and entertainment space and approximately 3000 employees
- Exposed to alcohol, cigarette and cigar smoke, bright lights, and loud noises.
- You will work in an environment where smoking is allowed.
Job posted: 2021-09-20