Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Director of Public Relations – Product PR
The Qualtrics XM Platform™ is a system of action that helps businesses to attract customers who stay longer and buy more, to engage and empower employees to do the best work of their lives, to develop breakthrough products people love, and to build a brand people can’t imagine living without.
Joining Qualtrics means becoming part of a team bold enough to chase breakthrough experiences – like building a technology that will be a force for good. A team committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion because of a conviction that every voice holds value, with a vision for representation that matches the world around us and inclusion that far exceeds it. You could belong to a team whose values center on transparency, being all in, having customer obsession, acting as one team, and operating with scrappiness. All so you can do the best work of your career.
We believe every interaction is an opportunity. Are we yours?
Qualtrics is seeking a communications leader to join its growing PR and Corporate Communications team. You will lead the Product PR team and be responsible for bringing Qualtrics’ products to life for external audiences.
As a Director, you’ll lead a team of communicators, develop strategy and execute on key product narratives for Qualtrics’ innovation and technology leadership. This includes telling stories about new and existing products, services and partnerships. Some of the topics or trends you might talk about include AI, future of work, e-commerce, market research, future of advertising, consumer privacy and more.
You’ll be a strategic partner to Qualtrics’ president of products and services and the product leadership team. As a global team member, you’ll also spend time coordinating and planning with cross-functional colleagues abroad, advancing our PR agenda.
The ideal candidate is a strong writer and proven leader with experience working in technology and building strong media relationships. This role reports to the VP of Corporate Communications and PR.
Expectations for Success
- Build a product PR program that strategically articulates Qualtrics’ innovations and technology leadership across business, tech and trade audiences through a consistent cadence of news, thought leadership and data storytelling.
- Create and manage a comprehensive product PR roadmap for product news, events, campaigns and other activities.
- Lead a team of Product PR Managers, supporting their growth and development.
- Develop cross-functional partnerships with the extended team across Marketing, Product, Legal, Ecosystem and other key partners.
- Create and edit a variety of written materials, including but not limited to: press releases, blog posts, bylines and paid editorial.
- Consistently interact, and establish relationships with, journalists, influencers and other external stakeholders to drive thought leadership and market awareness.
- Operate with a global mindset and work with our regional communications teams, collaborating on product news and events as needed.
- Train and manage product spokespeople for external-facing communications.
- Staff relevant interview and speaking opportunities.
- Respond to incoming media inquiries with urgency and resourcefulness.
Qualifications & Requirements
- 8+ years experience in public relations, in-house or agency, preferably in B2B or B2C technology, in a role that required direct interaction with journalists.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, including AP Style and editing skills.
- Love of storytelling and an ability to quickly learn and understand complex technology.
- Strong executive presence; ability to hold a “seat at the table” alongside other areas of the business.
- Flexible, collaborative colleague who thrives in ambiguity, in a fast-paced environment.
- A track record of cross-functional and departmental collaboration.
- Ability to problem-solve and exercise high judgment.
What differentiates us from other companies
- Work life integration is deeply important to us – we have frequent office events, team outings, and happy hours
- Qualtrics Experience Program – $1,800 for an experience of your choosing (eligible after a year)
- We take pride in our offices’ design aiming at fostering creativity from our rooftop views to an open and collaborative workspace.
- 30 paid days off – 15 PTO + 5 Personal Days + 10 Holiday Closures (additional after a year)
- On top of standard benefits package (medical – employees and their families, dental, vision, life insurance, etc) we provide snacks, drinks, and free lunches in our office
- To learn more about what we value read about it directly from our employees Qualtrics Life stories
Qualtrics is committed to the inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, Qualtrics will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided with reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please let your Qualtrics contact/recruiter know.
Job posted: 2022-05-01