Director, Regional Government Affairs
A Career in Beer:
Our purpose at the Molson Coors Beverage Company is to delight the world’s beer drinkers. We are the world’s family brewer, brewing and selling our beer for over 350 years around the world. We’re Talent Brewers – we believe in our brands and our people, we believe that a truly inspiring and diverse place to work is a must. We want you to join our team of passionate self-starters who believe the world is full of untapped opportunities. So, if you get fired up about making a real difference as part of a winning team like we do, we want to hear from you.
In the role of Director of State Government Affairs, Pacific working home-based within the Pacific region (California, Idaho, New Mexico, Arizona, Nevada, Washington, Oregon) you will be part of the Government Affairs team, working closely with Legal, Sales, Communicaitons and Supply Chain. The person will oversee the overall legislative, regulatory, and political priorities in the Pacific region, ensuring that Molson Coors strategies are executed within the state regulatory agencies and state capitols as well as local jurisdictions. The role is also responsible for leading and directing the execution of our political program capability and coordinating cross-functional support for legislative and regulatory priorities aligned to our business objectives.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive strategy in the Pacific region, including creating state by state plans to support regional sales objectives
- Understand the politics of the region, complexities of the industry and can develop and execute strategies within those constraints to ensure successful outcomes
- Develop, execute and align strategy of interconnected components and departments to minimalize risk
- Manage and direct legislative and political consultants
- Manage issues through monitoring and relationship development in states where there are no state-based consultants
The Other Qualifications:
- You have a Bachelor’s degree
- You have at least 10 years of experience in public policy management, coalition building, government service or communications
- You are confident and competent. You are diplomatic, professional and exercise great judgment in developing and maintaining excellent business relationships within the business
- You are deadly serious about results, and take pride in a proven track record in delivering.
- You are a skilled negotiator focused on the client; your constant curiosity fosters your innovative style and you can equally execute ideas given to you
Work Perks You Need to Know About:
- As the world’s family brewer we have the scale to make big things happen and still get to know colleagues on a first name basis across the globe
- We play our part to make a difference – from charitable donations to hitting the streets together to build parks – giving back to the community is part of our culture and who we are.
- Access to cool brand clothing and swag, top events, beer allotment
- Participation in our Total Rewards program with a competitive base salary, incentive plans, parental leave, health, dental and retirement benefits
- Work within a fast paced and innovative company, meeting passionate colleagues and partners with diverse backgrounds and experiences
At Molson Coors we seek diversity. Differing perspectives lead to challenging the expected, which keeps new ideas bubbling up. We’re an equal opportunity employer and invite applications from candidates from all backgrounds, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic. We take pride in celebrating our unique brew.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-05-04