Director, Regulatory Affairs
This position will have responsibility for cultivating and maintaining effective relationships on behalf of Aventiv and its subsidiaries with key regulatory officials, policy makers and opinion leaders; and, assisting the Head of Corporate Affairs and other key executives in doing the same. As the functional lead of the company regulatory affairs efforts, the position will manage a team of retained lobbyists at the state and federal level to advance the regulatory needs of the company while achieving the company’s desired positioning on a variety of topics. This person will be an advocate for the organization and will be expected to represent the company with knowledge, persuasion, distinction and enthusiasm.
- Engage in Washington, DC and in state capitals with regulatory bodies, trade associations, activist groups and other relevant stakeholder organizations in order to educate on the fundamentals of business sector and technologies, and where appropriate to communicate corporate positions on selected regulatory issues
- Support creation of strategy for public policy, advocacy, regulation and engagement with external stakeholders and manage the execution of the identified strategies
- Serve as functional lead of the company’s regulatory affairs efforts at the state and federal level
- Develop relationships with key officials in regulatory bodies and build pathways for open communications
- Monitor regulatory trends as they impact the company’s businesses and assist with appropriate linkage of business strategies and regulatory affairs activities
- Work collaboratively with legal and business intelligence units to help prepare regulatory documentation for submission to regulatory agencies and oversight bodies
- Assist with execution of public affairs response and stand in as needed on communications efforts
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Relevant experience as a public policy and regulatory affairs professional.
- Strong interpersonal skills and comfortable operating independently with executives and high-ranking policymakers.
- Strong communicator with the ability to express nuanced positions, build consensus and drive action to shape public opinion.
- Can execute strategies independently, hold oneself accountable and appropriately gauge need for coordination and assistance.
- BA degree in History, Political Science, Communications or related area or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 12+ years’ professional experience
- Demonstrated ability to build, create and support network with regulatory agencies, legislative bodies and relevant trade associations
- Willingness and ability to travel
- Experience in regulatory or legislative capacity serving in office of elected or appointed official
- J.D. or advanced professional degree preferred
- Public affairs experience preferred but not required
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to: stand, sit, talk, hear, and use hands and fingers to operate a computer, telephone, and a variety of office equipment.
- Occasionally may need to reach, stoop, or kneel.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-04-08