Director of Regulatory Affairs
Summit Ridge Energy (SRE)
Summit Ridge Energy (SRE) is the nation’s leading owner operator of residential community solar assets. Our staff is engaged in the acquisition, development, construction and asset management of distributed solar and energy storage projects across multiple markets. To help advance our national growth strategy by providing more customers with clean energy and electric utility savings, SRE is seeking a seasoned industry professional to manage its regulatory efforts to open new markets by participating in state and national policy making.
The Director of Regulatory Affairs will be responsible for the development and communication of SRE’s proposed policies with state and federal stakeholders to support the creation of programmatic frameworks that facilitate solar development across new U.S. markets. This includes supporting SRE’s solar and battery storage development and financing goals by working closely with industry groups such as CCSA and SEIA. The Director of Regulatory Affairs will also coordinate internally with SRE’s market leaders to develop and maintain relationships with relevant agency staff and others involved in policymaking processes at the state and federal levels.
The Director of Regulatory Affairs will also collaborate with SRE’s executive staff to formulate talking points and incorporate communications strategy into solar advocacy initiatives supported by SRE. This may include producing written materials (regulatory filings, comments for submission, memos, fact sheets etc.) in support of SRE’s regulatory efforts, attending meetings and briefings on behalf of SRE, providing summaries and analyses of proceedings and alerting SRE’s market leaders and executives of important issues and deadlines.
- Bachelors degree is required
- A law degree and experience drafting regulatory filings preferred, however relevant postgraduate experience or an MBA may be considered in lieu.
- 5+ years in the solar industry required. Oil and gas experience may not be substituted
- Direct prior experience working on renewable energy regulatory affairs and market policy
- Ability to navigate complex regulator initiatives
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Must have a strong understanding of distributed solar, community solar, national energy markets, and the energy storage industries.
- Must have a strong understanding of national energy markets and renewable energy
- Authorization to work in the U.S.
How to Apply
- For consideration, please apply through the company website at: https://srenergy.com/about-us/careers/
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement: Summit Ridge Energy, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Occupational Health and Safety: SRE provides a workplace free from recognized hazards and complies with standards, rules and regulations issued under the OSH Act.
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, printers, scanners, document projectors, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Job posted: 2021-05-23