Director, Regulatory Affairs – Program Management
At Fannie Mae, futures are made. The inspiring work we do makes an affordable home a reality and a difference in the lives of Americans. Every day offers compelling opportunities to impact the future of the housing industry while being part of an inclusive team thriving in an energizing environment. Here, you will help lead our industry forward and make your career.
In this compelling leadership position, you will direct team efforts on providing end-to-end management of programs that address strategic initiatives, operational needs, and other key business issues by aligning multiple projects, products, processes, and stakeholders.
THE IMPACT YOU WILL MAKE
The Regulatory Affairs – Program Management – Director role will offer you the flexibility to make each day your own, while working alongside people who care so that you can deliver on the following responsibilities:
- Support informed, efficient, and effective regulatory examination, monitoring, and reporting processes across the organization.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for the regulator and the business unit during a regulatory examination, audit, compliance review, or monitoring activity.
- Lead cross-divisional teams to gather and transmit data, reports, and documentation in response to regulator requests and regulatory agency submission requirements.
- Maintain records of regulatory submissions and deliverables, coordinate with responsible business units to compile and deliver information on time, in the appropriate format, and through agreed upon channels.
- Monitor and analyze regulatory developments and help determine which parts of the organization may be affected.
- Develop and execute high-level strategies and plans in supporting assigned business units with transactions, recordkeeping, communications, and business operations that are subject to specific regulations or issue remediation.
- Design, develop, and deliver training on regulatory requirements.
THE EXPERIENCE YOU BRING TO THE TEAM
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent required.
- 8+ years of related experience in financial services with a regulator and/or regulated entity.
- Direct interaction as the primary point of contact for senior management and regulators.
- Experience developing and organizing background information to brief senior management on new developments.
- Experience managing complex projects independently and recognizing when to escalate issues.
- Experience managing multiple ongoing special projects involving regulatory or business-related issues that could have significant impacts on the company, under short deadlines, in a fast-paced environment, requiring collaboration across divisions.
- 2+ years of experience managing teams preferred.
- Excellent time management skills and a high degree of efficiency while maintaining attention to detail.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Working with people with different functional expertise respectfully and cooperatively towards a common goal.
- Skilled in presenting information and/or ideas to an audience in a way that is engaging and easy to understand.
- Experience gathering accurate information to explain concepts and answer critical questions.
- Managing and engaging stakeholders and building relationship networks.
- Adept at managing project plans, resources, and people to ensure successful project completion.
- Collective capabilities for leadership, including leading teams, giving feedback, facilitating meetings, and coaching and mentoring.
- Skilled in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams).
- Skilled in using Adobe Acrobat including Adobe Pro.
- Experience using RiskWorks.
The future is what you make it to be. Discover compelling opportunities at Fanniemae.com/careers.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer, which means we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, personal appearance, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation in the application process, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-10-26