Director of Regulatory and Government affairs
Cape Analytics provides instant property intelligence for buildings across the United States. Cape Analytics enables insurers and other property stakeholders to access valuable property attributes at time of underwriting, with the accuracy and detail that traditionally required an on-site inspection, but with the speed and coverage of property record pre-fill. Founded in 2014, Cape Analytics is backed by leading venture firms and innovative insurers and is comprised of computer vision, data science, and risk analysis experts.
This role will drive Cape’s insurance regulatory filings to obtain approvals for usage of Cape product by insurers including:Supporting customer filings. Initiating and managing Cape filings.
What you will do
- Build/expand relationships with state Departments of Insurance commissioners and staff
- Proactively track and analyze federal and state legislative activity and regulatory activity at state Departments of Insurance to support customer needs and requirements
- Research and advise on legislative and regulatory developments and trends as well as the potential impact on operational decisions and strategy, including the use of AI
- Build and support Cape’s relationship with key trade, political, and business associations including the National Association of Insurance Commissioners, the National Council of Insurance Legislators and the American Property Casualty Insurance Association
- Develop a thorough understanding of Cape’s products and strategy
- Reports to general counsel with direct support to the sales and customer success teams.
- As a Regulatory and Government Affairs Director at Cape you will direct Cape’s policies and objectives involving local, state, and federal government affairs. Maintain and nurture the relationships with government, associated authorities and all committees, legislatively represent and protect Cape’s interests. You will assist in the establishment of corporate strategies, policies and plans, which align with government laws, regulations and standards. Lead analysis of proposed legislative actions, determine the potential impact on the organization and develop appropriate responses. Additionally, as a Regulatory and Government Affairs Director you will monitor legislative and regulatory activities, promoting Cape’s market position.
Requirements for the Director, Regulatory and Government Affairs:
- 6+ years of experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Outstanding references
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
Within 1 month, you will…Gain understanding of CAPE solution and existing use cases across the insurance vertical
Establish outline of regulatory strategy for CAPE building on existing progress and momentum
Make initial connections with key state regulatory entities and 3rd party contractors
Within 3 months you will…Full ownership over regulatory activities and filing interaction with CAPE clients and regulatory entities
Established relationships with key rating agencies and regulatory entities (e.g. NAIC) with plan developed for ongoing relationship building and future value
Revamped plan in place for regulatory rollout of RCR, inclusive of versioning
Ownership over IBHS relationship and non-client public relationships (e.g. Urban Institute)
*Talent is critical, but best when tempered with humility
*Self-motivation leads to the best outcomes
*Open, direct communication is a sign of respect
*Teamwork drives success
*Having fun together is an important part of the job
***Cape Analytics is an E-verify participant.***
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-08-22