Director, Regulatory & Governmental Affairs, North
Responsible for exhibiting Chesapeake Utilities Corporation’s Mission, Vision and Values, regarding external customers, agencies, vendors, internal departments and co-workers. The Director, Regulatory and Governmental Affairs North is responsible for directing all internal and external regulatory strategy and reporting activities for Delmarva Natural Gas (“DNG” – Delaware, Maryland, and Sandpiper Divisions) business units, inclusive of the Public Service Commissions (PSC), and other external regulatory requirements. This position also directs the legislative and governmental strategy for state, and local initiatives. In addition, this role provides support for financial analyses, business unit strategy and special projects.
Primary duties and responsibilities include:
- Responsible for research and analysis of regulatory information for Company management
- Directs the preparation of special filings and petitions to regulatory bodies including the Maryland and Delaware PSC
- Directs the preparation of testimony relating to regulatory filings
- Directs and manages tariffs and rate design related to regulated rates
- Works with PSC , consumer advocacy groups (OPC/DPA), and outside auditors to provide necessary assistance and information
- Direct development, enhancements and implementation of regulatory strategic planning, rates, programs and filings
- Coordinates and directs the regulatory related customer communication
- Develops regulatory relationships with other utility companies, agencies and associations
- Manages the regulatory/governmental affairs staff, coordinates governmental activities and regulatory assignments
- Establishes and maintains relationships with elected officials
- Establishes and maintains relationships with strategic organizations within the DNG business units
- Performs all other duties as assigned by VP, Regulatory Affairs
- Responsible for the supervision of all Northern Regulatory Affairs and coordination of Governmental Affairs and representatives.
Requires……a total commitment to Chesapeake Utilities Corporation’s Mission, Vision and Values and:
- Must have four year degree
- Minimum of ten years of applicable experience in utility industry, including focus of accounting, economics, engineering, business, governmental affairs, legal, and/or regulatory.
- Knowledge in the Microsoft Office suite of software
- Knowledge of company tariffs, rate design and regulation
- Must have a high level of initiative and be able to be self-directed
- Must be able to respond creatively to unique situations
- Must have leadership experience
- Must have very good writing skills
- Must have very good verbal communication skills, testifying experience a plus
- Must have analytical skills
- Must be able to travel to receive training in relevant fields.
- Must be willing to travel within the states of Maryland, Delaware, Florida or other locations as warranted.
- Must have a valid Driver’s license.
Job posted: 2019-03-26