Director, Regulatory Relations
Center 1 (19052), United States of America, McLean, VirginiaDirector, Regulatory Relations
We are a growing diversified financial services company with one of the most recognized brands in banking. The Regulatory Relations function is responsible for managing all interactions with Capital One’s Federal Banking Regulators. Regulatory Relations serves as a critical intermediary between our regulators and business, fielding the needs of the regulatory teams and providing advice/counsel to senior management with respect to onsite supervision and the larger regulatory landscape, providing key advisory consulting to senior management with respect to onsite supervision, and supporting regulatory and supervisory policy. This role involves significant engagement with senior leaders and provides the opportunity for growth in regulatory affairs and risk management.
This position plays a significant role in ensuring that Capital One proactively responds to the changing regulatory landscape and delivers on commitments to our regulators in a timely manner.
Responsibilities will also include:
- Manage regulatory interactions between business functions (e.g. Consumer lines of business such as Card, Auto Finance, and Retail Bank, as well as Risk Management functions) and Federal Regulatory supervisory staff.
- Lead examination preparation activities (training, logistics management, fulfillment of responses to the examination request letter).
- Manage examination on-site activities (meetings, document requests, matrix management, daily calls, issue resolution).
- Identify potential risk areas and advise on potential corrective actions. This can include policies, procedures and governance structures, and any process and program design and execution.
- Monitor corrective actions and ensure that they are on-track for appropriate and timely mitigation.
- Participate in advocacy activities with respect to banking and regulatory-related matters.
The successful candidate will have:
- Ability to interact with senior leaders in Capital One and the Federal Regulatory supervisory staff
- Expertise in banking law and policy for risk management related matters
- Familiarity with current regulatory and risk management topics in banking and financial services
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Effective listening skills and synthesize complex and nuanced communications
- Ability to manage and allocate resources based on changing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to balance multiple stakeholders with competing motives and build consensus
- Bachelor’s Degree or military experience
- At least 5 years of experience in operations, finance, risk management, compliance, or a combination
- 8+ years of experience in finance, risk management, audit, consulting, or a combination
- Experience managing integrated projects or programs where senior leaders are your customers
- Experience working at, or closely with, financial regulatory agencies
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One’s recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-10-05