Director, Release Management & Communications (US Network)
The Director, Release Management & Communications is responsible for the release management lifecycle of Content, Communications, Products, and Solutions from United Way Worldwide (“UWW”) to the 1,100 Local United Ways (“LUWs”) in the U.S. Network. The role focuses on coordinating various aspects of content production and projects into one integrated solution, and provides day-to-day leadership, program management, partnership development, and operational oversight. The role also oversees project design, process, outcomes, milestones, progress, and reporting, as well as flow of funding to departments/stakeholders (internal and external) involved in the project. Organizes project components such as coordination of staff and coaching resources, coordination of deployment of resources, development of communications and related materials, adoption planning, stakeholder education, research coordination, and other applicable tasks. Responsible for reporting on all aspects of the project to grantors, leadership, and stakeholders.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & ESSENTIAL DUTIES OF POSITION:
An individual must be able to perform each essential duty listed below at a satisfactory level:
- Release planning: design the release guidelines that will be implemented across all teams.
- Configure releases: oversee the various aspects of a project before it is due to be deployed, ensuring all teams are on track and meeting the agreed guidelines for product standards and communications.
- Build, maintain, and communicate product launch plans and track the deliverables, milestones, risks, and dependencies from the cross functional launch team. Anticipate bottlenecks, explore contingencies and provide escalation management throughout new product launch.
- Understand the scope and operational requirements and impacts of all cross functional teams for each launch.
- Release schedule: manage a release and communications schedule, and main release milestones across stakeholder programs.
- Quality checks: ensure all required elements of a product, solution, or content release are met before launch.
- Launch and deployment: ensure project is rolled out smoothly and efficiently.
- Recommend process improvements and identify new tools and technologies to develop release process.
- Work with the UWW team to develop Network training and any additional materials and information necessary to aid the local markets effectively adopting new products.
- Coordinate regular launch team meetings, publishing notes and action items to team members.
- Assist in the attainment of product adoption during the initial post-launch period through the development and implementation of new product.
- Partner with the Network to identify and resolve issues, in a timely and transparent manner.
- Deliver consistently with high quality as defined by the consumer.
- Apply core principles of Change Management to ensure high focus on culture and adoption.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum requirements include:
- Bachelor’s degree or commensurate experience.
- At least four years of prior relevant experience focused on project management, communications, or release management.
- A demonstrated bias for action, taking initiative while working work collaboratively in an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Excellent communication skills are important–both written and verbal.
- Conversant in core elements of change management and project management.
- Experience designing solutions for complex business problems.
- Track record of delivering successful projects in large distributed network.
*Level of position could change depending on final candidate’s experience.
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. It should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all required duties, responsibilities and skills. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable disabled individuals to perform the essential functions of the job.
ABOUT UNITED WAY WORLDWIDE:
United Way Worldwide seeks diverse, qualified professionals who want to make a difference in the world. If you are passionate about your work and desire to help others achieve enhanced education, income, and health, United Way Worldwide is the place for you.
United Way Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 703-836-7100, ext. 324 and provide the nature of your request and your contact information.
We are a charter member of Employers of National Service and encourage AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni to apply.
United Way Worldwide is located in Old Town Alexandria, VA. We offer competitive salary and excellent benefits including: health, dental, life, short-term and long-term disability, employee assistance program, 403(b) plan, tuition assistance, paid time off, family sick leave, medical appointment leave, parental/adoption leave, dress for your day, free parking, onsite gym, monthly volunteering opportunities, and more.
UNITED WAY WORLDWIDE’S DIVERSITY, EQUITY & INCLUSION STATEMENT OF PRINCIPLE:
We take the broadest possible view of diversity.
We value the visible and invisible qualities that make you who you are.
We welcome that every person brings a unique perspective and experience to advance our mission and progress our fight for the health, education, and financial stability of every person in every community.
We believe that each United Way community member, donor, volunteer, advocate, and employee must have equal access to solving community problems.
We strive to include diversity, equity, and inclusion practices at the center of our daily work.
We commit to using these practices for our business and our communities.
Join us in embracing diversity, equity and inclusion for every person in every community.
Approved by the United Way U.S.A. Board of Trustees on March 6, 2019.
Learn more here
Thank you for your interest in employment with United Way Worldwide. You will be contacted if your qualifications are a good match and you are selected for an interview.
Job posted: 2020-05-07