Director, Scientific Communications (Global Publications)
Kite is continuing to hire for all open roles. Our interview process may be conducted virtually and some roles will be asked to temporarily work from home. Over the coming weeks and months, we will be implementing a phased approach to bringing employees back to site to ensure the health and safety of our teams.
For Current Kite Pharma Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join us as the Director, Scientific Communications (Global Publications) within Global Medical Affairs – Kite. This role will lead multiple publication planning teams and partner with internal and external subject matter experts and investigators to lead the publication strategy for key tactics including congress abstracts, presentations, and manuscripts. This role will also oversee development of key Scientific Platforms, conduct gap analyses, and identify appropriate target audiences. This role will be expected to apply good publication practices and help lead adherence to established publication processes. The Director, Scientific Communications will work cross-functionally with clinical development, bio statistics, translational and key business partners to execute on tactics consistent with overall in-line and pipeline strategy. This position will report to the Senior Director of Global Medical Affairs – Kite.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Achieve subject matter expertise in Cell Therapy to lead multiple cross-functional, Global Publication Planning Team (GPPT) strategies in alignment with early- and late-stage subject matter experts, Product and Portfolio Management teams, and alliance partners to publish high-impact scientific and medical data
- Prioritize, execute, review, and edit key GPPT tactics consisting of congress abstracts and presentations and peer-reviewed manuscripts
- Coordinate medical writing with internal and external medical writers to ensure timely delivery and submission of publications
- Develop standard operating protocols related to publication practices
- Establish and maintain effective intellectual partnerships with scientific and medical Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs) and healthcare professionals (HCPs) with travel to scientific conferences as needed
- Guide and oversee medical writers, editors, project managers, publication vendors, draft budgets, and
- Analyze, interpret, and communicate scientific and medical insights to internal and external stakeholders, including leading the annual GPPT Summit, leading Data Review Meetings and Scientific and Medical Communication training’s, developing content for scientific Advisory Boards, Investigator Meetings, and Scientific Exchange/Gap Analysis events
- Doctorate degree in pharmacy, medicine, or life science (Pharm D, MD, PhD preferred) and 10+ years of experience in industry (eg, Medical Affairs, medical communications, medical writing or medical information experience), including 5+ years in publication planning, 3+ years in hematology/oncology and/or cell therapy
- Experience in Medical Affairs required
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, communication, and collaborative skills with individuals, groups, and senior management (internal and external)
- Ability to write/edit scientific manuscripts, posters and abstracts with a medically strategic mindset
- Ability to create and edit basic medical illustrations is preferred, but not required
- Working knowledge of Medical Affairs, Clinical Development, Translational Research, Research, Legal, Intellectual Property, Biometrics, and Regulatory functions; pre- and post-launch experience is strongly preferred
- Ability to lead and work across multi-disciplinary groups and to lead decision-making discussions
- Expert knowledge of and compliance with all relevant guidelines (GPP3, ICMJE), laws, industry standard best practices, and corporate policies.
- Ability to work under challenging deadlines with key stakeholders
- Clinical experience in hematology/oncology and/or immuno-oncology or related therapeutic area preferred
- People management experience preferred
- Up to 20% travel including weekends
Kite is a biopharmaceutical company engaged in the development of innovative cancer immunotherapies with a goal of providing rapid, long-term durable response and eliminating the burden of chronic care. The company is focused on chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) and T cell receptor (TCR) engineered cell therapies designed to empower the immune system’s ability to recognize and kill tumors. Kite is based in Santa Monica, CA. For more information on Kite, please visit www.kitepharma.com. Sign up to follow @KitePharma on Twitter at www.twitter.com/kitepharma.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the ‘EEO is the Law’ poster.
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
Change The World With Us
Everyone at Kite is grounded by one common goal – curing cancer. Every day, we aim to establish a direct line between that purpose and ourday-to-day work.
We are creating Kite together, with the recognition that the best teams are built by the best people. We maintain an attitude of curiosity, and creativity with each challenge as we develop a new market for cancer therapies. We appreciate and respect one another, and most importantly, we don’t take success for granted.
While we’ve come a long way to make what others viewed as impossible, possible, we know one thing is certain. Today is just the beginning.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-07-23