Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Director/Senior Director, Communications
BeiGene continues to grow at a rapid pace with challenging and exciting opportunities for experienced professionals. When considering candidates, we look for scientific and business professionals who are highly motivated, collaborative, and most importantly, share our passionate interest in fighting cancer.
The Director/Senior Director, Corporate Communications will build on reputation objectives for BeiGene, a global biotech company. This position will play a key role on a high-functioning team and have a wide range of responsibilities including corporate and financial communications, risk management, and unbranded campaigns and initiatives to strengthen BeiGene’s reputation including communications related to environmental, social and governance commitments. This role is well suited for an individual that enjoys diversity of work, has a bias for action, and thrives in a high-growth environment. The Director/Senior Director will be on the front lines of media interactions, a company spokesperson and key risk management steward monitoring the external environment. The role requires the ability to build trusted relationships cross-functionally and counsel senior executives.
Essential Functions of the job:
- Support ongoing financial communications regarding company performance, strategy, partnerships and ESG. Partnering with Investor Relations and Finance on quarterly earnings and investor events;
- Lead development of content and messaging that will enable a consistent and cohesive narrative across the company’s external communications and global organization. Must have ability to distill complex topics into succinct and compelling messaging;
- Work directly with internal partners to advise on communications program solutions and technology to better address business challenges;
- Support the Executive Director of External Affairs in developing and executing enterprise strategies;
- Project manage external communications programs ranging from announcements and events to response to external environment, working across Corporate Affairs and with the Colleague and Digital Communications, Patient Advocacy and Public Policy and Regional Corporate Affairs leads;
- Monitor media and business environment and anticipate opportunities and recommend company position and response and build relationships with journalists and influencers;
- Develop strategic positioning and prepare submission materials for conferences, events and corporate and executive awards;
- Manage communications agency and consultants, as needed;
- Advanced writing, editing, research ability;
- Candidates have finger on the pulse of science and business news;
- Identifies, negotiates, and manages activities of spokespeople including training.
- A minimum of 10 years total communications experience, with at least four years working in a publicly traded global company preferred
- A self-starter attitude and a bias toward action
- Excellent written and oral communication skills across formats and channels
- A deep interest and diligent following of current news events and media platforms
- Effective project management skills and the ability to adapt to changing needs
- Excellent time management and organizational skills and strong attention to detail
- The ability to work effectively with a team to conceptualize and execute strategies
- Experience and ability to work effectively independently and with a team, in a remote environment, and under tight timelines
- Strong interpersonal skills, adaptability and a sense of humor is a must
- Ability to work with C-Suite executives to support media initiatives
- Ability to direct teams in support of media engagements
- Bachelors degree
Ethics – Treats people with respect; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently. Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time. Follows instructions and responds to management direction.
Communication – Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations. Writes clearly and informatively. Able to read and interpret written information.
Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed. Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Shares expertise with others.
Adaptability – Able to adapt to changes in the work environment. Manages competing demands. Changes approach or method to best fit the situation. Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
Technical Skills – Assesses own strengths and development areas; Pursues training and opportunities for growth; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
Analytical – Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
Project Management – Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. BeiGene does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2022-04-30