Director/Senior Director Investor Relations
The Director/Senior Director will report to the CBO/CFO to execute an investor/public relations strategy that enables the organization to cultivate meaningful relationships with targeted external audiences through communications, positioning and media coverage. He/She will help create content for internal and external communications and handle Ovid’s day to day IR/PR operations.
· Manage content development for Ovid stakeholders, investor presentations, materials for management scripts, Board of Directors and other disclosure-related documents (including Q&A for quarterly earnings calls, prep for meetings with analysts and investors and contribution to SEC documents, etc.).
· Support CBO/CFO in day-to-day management of inquiries from investors and stock analysts, ensuring that information provided follows applicable SEC rules and regulation.
· Manage writing of press releases, compose corporate and IR slide decks, prepare materials for external communications and analyze effectiveness of all IR/PR efforts.
· Plan and ensure execution of key analyst and investor events and communications, including road shows, and/or analyst and investor meetings.
· Develop timely, accurate, differentiated messages, and learn about effective strategies for communicating with the investor community.
· Maintain database of the investor community and record all investor interactions and feedback.
· Maintain investor relations, corporate website and social media sites to ensure that content is updated.
· In partnership with other departments, monitor competitor and broader external environment to understand potential impact on Ovid’s business and update the senior management team.
· Leverage social media to educate and engage audiences through innovative initiatives.
· Drive deliverables with Investor and public relations agencies.
· Under the direction of the CBO/CFO manage communications activities that promote, enhance, and protect the organization’s brand reputation.
· Actively drive strong teamwork and collaboration with an enterprise-wide perspective.
· Understand and values importance of compliance.
Credentials, Knowledge & Abilities
· 3+years’ experience in all phases of investor and public relations for internal and external audiences, in public companies within the biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry.
· Advanced scientific degree a plus, with a preference for a PhD and/or MBA. Must enjoy exploring new scientific ideas and learning about and helping drive new and compelling ways of expressing innovation in the company.
· Possess very strong English language, grammar and writing skills and experience across multiple communication platforms, including print, online and social media.
· Demonstrated experience in executing a comprehensive and superior investor and public relations strategy to articulate the organization’s mission, accomplishments and goals.
· Exceptional interpersonal skills with proven ability to build, enhance and maintain relationships with senior executives, investors, analysts, and the media.
· Extensive successful externally focused writing and editing experience with a variety of print and online communications media.
· Exceptional oral and presentation skills.
· Ability to grow in a role, work independently, show flexibility, and be willing to demonstrate accountability for execution of responsibilities.
· Sparkling, compelling personality. Positive optimistic worldview and ability to consistently act and speak with utter honesty, realistically but with positive emphasis. Must take a highly ethical stance and behave with the highest standards of integrity.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-11-03