Director/Senior Director, Policy (Telecommunications)
The Information Technology Industry Council (ITI) is the premier advocacy and policy organization for the world’s
leading innovation companies. ITI is seeking a Director/Senior Director of Policy (Telecommunications) to drive the
development and advocacy of ITI’s telecommunications policy positions. This position is located in Washington, DC.
Reporting to the Senior Vice President of Policy (Trust Data & Technology) & General Counsel, the Director/Senior
Director of Policy (Telecommunications) drivesthe development and advocacy of ITI’s telecommunications policy positions,
including broadband deployment, connectivity and other digital infrastructure issues, 5G policy, spectrum allocation, Over the
Top Services (OTTs), net neutrality, and related regulations of these and other innovative technologies by the Federal
Communications Commission (FCC) on behalf of preeminent global companies in the information and communications
technology (ICT) sector.
The Director/Senior Director of Policy is responsible for leading international policy development and advocacy on these issues
in the European Union and in countries around the world in order to promote regionally and globally consistent and
innovation-enabling technology policies. This role seeks opportunities to promote ITI’s member companies’ activities that
advance innovation and connectivity.
▪ Manage ITI’s engagement on telecommunications, broadband connectivity, spectrum, 5G policy, and related
regulations of these and other innovative technologies by the FCC, advancing member positions and increasing
ITI’s relevance and credibility on these issues.
▪ Lead international policy development and advocacy on telecommunications, broadband connectivity, spectrum,
and 5G policy in global organizations, such asthe International Telecommunication Union and in the European
Union and countries around the world, in order to promote regionally and globally consistent and innovationenabling technology policies.
▪ Build and advance relationships with U.S. government officials and agencies, particularly at the FCC, as well as all
relevant foreign governments, both in capitals and at their embassies in DC.
▪ Provide thought leadership and support to leading ICT companies in relation to established and emerging
technology policy priorities globally.
▪ Engage with colleagues and member companies, particularly ITI’s Telecommunications Committee, to develop
advocacy strategies and advocate ITI positions with U.S. and foreign government officials.
▪ Work closely with colleagues from the ITI Policy team, other ITI teams, and ITI member companies to anticipate
emerging technology trends and craft responsive strategies.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
▪ Keen understanding of how to strike a balance among technical, political, and optics considerations in
addressing policy issues
▪ Proven ability to quickly understand, digest, and communicate complex policy concepts to colleagues, company
representatives, and policymaker audiences
▪ Proven ability to work across teams, agencies, and sectors to build coalitions and drive policy outcomes
▪ Leadership, critical thinking, analytical, and problem-solving skills, including public policy and political analysis
▪ Ability to operate with integrity and professionalism with sound political judgement
▪ Ability to handle confidential matters
▪ Committed and reliable with ability to prioritize numerous projects and meet deadlines
▪ Emotional intelligence and interpersonal skills
▪ Capability to work independently and collaboratively
▪ Verbal and written communication abilities, including the ability to translate complex policy matters to a wide
range of audiences
▪ Sound political judgement
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
▪ Advanced degree in law
▪ Five to ten years of experience (including three to five years of legal experience) developing and implementing
relevant policy issues
▪ Experience working on telecom policy issues, including those before the FCC
▪ Experience in government affairs and public policy, including industry affairs and coalition building
▪ Existing network of relationships in the telecom policy community in the United States and other global markets,
including relationships with key government stakeholders
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
▪ J.D. or equivalent
▪ Experience in a trade association, government, advocacy, or public policy position at a technology company
HOW TO APPLY
If you believe you meet the requirements, please submit a cover letter, resume, and salary requirement to the
following job link:
Additional inquiries and questions can be emailed to Beth Cessna at email@example.com or contact 202-232-1765.
ABOUT THE INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY INDUSTRY COUNCIL (ITI)
Originally founded in 1916 and globally headquartered in Washington, DC, the Information Technology Industry Council
(ITI) is the premier advocacy and policy organization for the world’s leading innovation companies. ITI advocates for
public policies that advance innovation, open markets, and enable the transformational economic, societal, and
commercial opportunities that our companies are creating. ITI members represent the entire spectrum of technology
from internet companies, to hardware and networking equipment manufacturers, to software developers. ITI’s diverse
membership and expert staff provide a broad perspective and intelligent insight in confronting the implications and
opportunities of policy activities around the world.
ITI is committed to attracting creative, talented, and energetic team members who represent the diverse communities
that they advocate for. In addition to an open, friendly, and flexible work atmosphere, ITI offers employees a
comprehensive health and benefits insurance package.
ABOUT CESSNA & ASSOCIATES, LLC
Cessna & Associates, LLC is a boutique HR consultancy partnering with mission driven, non-profit
organizations. Our goal is to identify the best potential candidates that the market has to offer.
The Power of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Fuels Success
Cessna & Associates embraces and celebrates the strength that diversity brings to our organization. Just as we
are deliberate in our own pursuit of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion initiatives, our efforts support our clients’ DEI
success. We drive every search with an unyielding focus to create an even playing field for all candidates and assess
their ability to be “culture adds,” not merely “fits” for our clients. Our team builds and nurtures this rich tapestry of
diversity for ourselves and for our clients.
Job posted: 2021-03-08