Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Director/Senior Director, US Government Relations (D)
BSA | The Software Alliance is the leading advocate for the global software industry. Its members are among the world’s most innovative companies, developing software that creates jobs and improves people’s lives. With headquarters in Washington, DC, and operations in more than 30 countries around the world, BSA advocates for public policies that foster innovation and drive growth in the digital economy across a range of cutting-edge technology policy issues, including privacy, cybersecurity, and artificial intelligence.
BSA is currently seeking an experienced government relations professional to drive legislative efforts for the organization. The individual will represent BSA and its member companies before the U.S. Congress and with federal agencies. Strong relationships with Democratic Members of Congress and staff is preferred. The ideal candidate is extremely organized, detail oriented and analytical. A strong understanding of the software industry and a history working in some or all of BSA’s key issue areas – consumer data privacy, international data flows and digital trade, cybersecurity, artificial intelligence, workforce issues – is a plus. This position will report to the Vice President, USGR, work closely with the Director, USGR, and manage a junior member of the team. The position will also work closely with the BSA policy team to develop government relations strategies and implement plans to advance BSA’s global advocacy agenda.
Professional Experience and Qualifications:
- Minimum 5-10 years’ relevant work experience.
- Understanding of BSA’s key issue areas – data privacy and security, international data flows, intellectual property, international trade, cybersecurity, artificial intelligence, workforce issues.
- Demonstrated ability to organize policy and social events, roundtable discussions, and other group activities.
- Experience on Capitol Hill and/or in an Administration; experience in the private sector representing clients before policymakers a plus.
- Politically savvy with relevant and established contacts and relationships.
- Strong communication (written and verbal), interpersonal and engagement skills.
- Experience working with diverse coalitions and ability to develop and facilitate strategy across a network of internal and external partners.
- Results driven, action-oriented self-starter.
- Develop and execute legislative strategies to achieve BSA policy goals.
- Serve as a BSA representative for building and maintaining relationships with Members of Congress and their staffs.
- Design and implement events with Members of Congress and staff focused on BSA issue areas and relationship development.
- Support the successful development and execution of BSA member and executive events and fly-ins.
- Lead a working group of BSA member companies to share information and coordinate on lobbying activity.
- Use and develop relationships with other industry groups and organizations to build coalitions and partnerships to achieve policy goals.
- Organize events for BSA’s Political Action Committee.
- Execute BSA PAC fundraising events and activities.
About BSA Benefits:
BSA recognizes that benefits play an important role in your selection of an employer. We offer generous benefits including many unique benefits and perks to our employees in locations around the world and encourage everyone to live a healthy, balanced life. Our comprehensive benefits include:
- Generous health, disability and life insurance
- Exceptional 401k plan employer contributions
- Year-end office shut down between Christmas and New Year’s
- Three weeks’ paid sabbatical every five years
- Generous paid maternity and bonding leave
- Emergency backup child care
- Health/Fitness and Financial/Tax Advice allowance
- Professional development, continuing education (including tuition reimbursement) and training
- Casual dress
- And much more!
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Include the position title and location in your Subject Line.
BSA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity. We embrace and reflect diversity in our staff and seek skilled individuals who are motivated and passionate about the industry, our work and expansive community.
Thank you for your interest in career opportunities at BSA | The Software Alliance!
Job posted: 2022-07-19