Director of Social Media Innovation
loanDepot, America’s lender, matches borrowers through technology and high-touch customer care with the credit they need to fuel their lives. While there are many loan-touch career opportunities within loanDepot, we could not take care of our employees, nor our customers, without the amazing support of our corporate teams. From HR & Marketing to Finance & Compliance, #TeamloanDepot is always searching for the best talent out there. With over $100 billion in funded loans since inception, the evolution & enthusiasm is not slowing down anytime soon. Come join us!
loanDepot — We are America’s Lender.
loanDepot is looking for a Social Media Director. Reporting to the SVP of Marketing, we are looking for a
dynamo who lives and breathes social media and innovation, is on the cutting edge of new trends and knows how to define and lead a successful content strategy and team across both owned and partner channels. Social media is an important tool for our team – we are looking for someone who will not only develop and lead our on-channel strategy, but also promote best practices internally, facilitating brand cohesion and operational excellence across multiple departments and campaigns.
Success in this role will be measured by:
a) leading social media audience growth and engagement, b)
increasing upper funnel consideration and conversion, and c) timely and authentic interaction with customers and team members via our channels.
- Define and implement the B2B and B2C social content strategy, inclusive of owned, partner, and influencer channel strategies.
- Hire and guide a Social Media Manager to support day-to-day social strategy and campaign execution across LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and any additional owned platforms. Identify, lead, mentor and develop a team of marketing professionals as needed to support marketing strategy and priorities.
- We have outstanding partnerships / sponsorships and we love to interact with these groups and their fans.
- Develop a brand engagement strategy and collaborate to leverage partner channels to drive awareness, engagement, follower growth – and fun.
- Guide content creation in partnership with the internal creative team and external partners to develop short and long form social and blog content to support a multi-channel content strategy.
- Encourage adoption of relevant social media techniques into the corporate culture and into all the company’s products and services, serving as a trusted resource, category leader, and collaborator for other departments across company initiatives and campaigns.
- Partner with internal customer care and resolution groups to build out a structured community engagement and response strategy focused on timely support resolution and brand building opportunities across our social properties.
- Develop and monitor effective benchmarks for measuring the impact of social media programs.
- Analyze, review, and report on the effectiveness of campaigns in an effort to maximize results.
- Leverage consumer insights to define the brand’s short and long-term innovation strategy. Capitalize on emerging trends by leading collaborative marketing innovation projects that bring to life Brand, Category, and multi-channel marketing strategies, including unique channel- or customer-specific opportunities. E.g. How to engage and capitalize on a growing gaming and esports audience.
- Monitor trends in social media tools and applications, and bring them to the table for our use, when appropriate.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred with a minimum of 8+ years recent experience in managing B2C and/or B2B social media content strategy.
- 1+ years of experience of employee management with a proven track record of strong internal communication.
- Exceptional organizational skills and proven ability to manage multiple priorities, objectives, and campaigns across various marketing channels.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and drive projects forward while being an active
participant in cross-functional efforts.
- Superior internal and external customer awareness, ensuring that the strategy and executions serve both company and audience needs.
- Strong work ethic with an ability to work in a fast-paced, evolving environment.
- Must be proficient in the Microsoft suite of products, as well as possess fluency in Adobe products to guide creative development.
- Ability to drive a test & learn culture to improve business results and confirm media effectiveness, facilitating the implementation and acceptance of change within the organization. Must have superior skills of analysis and be able to produce accurate social media metric reporting in a timely way.
- Capable of balancing short-term priorities and results with long term brand building goals.
- Competitive compensation reliant on ability & experience
- Excellent benefits package including multiple health, dental & vision options
- Company paid life and AD&D Insurance, as well as additional voluntary benefit possibilities
- 401K with robust company match
- DTO Policy (Discretionary Time Off); in addition to 8 paid company holidays
- The opportunity to work for America’s Lender under the vision of industry legend, Anthony Hsieh
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-07-14