Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Director/Sr. Director, External Communications & Public Affairs
Evofem Biosciences, Inc., (NASDAQ: EVFM) is developing and commercializing innovative products and product candidates to address unmet needs in women’s sexual and reproductive health, including hormone-free, woman-controlled contraception and protection from certain sexually transmitted infections (STIs).
Evofem’s sole purpose is to improve the quality of lives of women worldwide by providing them with more control over their sexual and reproductive health. We are passionately committed to responding to women’s critical concerns, serving markets with significant unmet needs and finding faster ways to serve those who desire a better choice.
Director/Sr. Director, Corporate Communications & Public Relations
The Director/Sr. Director, Corporate Communications & Public Relations will develop and drive all communication campaigns to support the organizations short-term and long-term goals. S/he will work closely within the Commercial team and C-Suite to develop, direct, monitor, and enhance the brand(s) and key messages while building the company’s reputation with strategically important stakeholders.
- Serve as point of contact with all media outlets, fostering relationships for advancement of our corporate goals.
- Develop, implement and lead proactive annual communication plans, along with goals, to support Evofem’s strategic communications plan.
- Lead the development of an inspiring and easy-to-articulate brand story that resonates with both industry and consumer media outlets to be leveraged in all communications from the company.
- Direct and manage media relations; develop press materials, media lists, press releases and other documents for the media.
- Develop various communications collateral, including Op-Eds, press releases, media advisories, standby statements, fact sheets, talking points, executive presentations, blogs and speeches; establish and maintain relationships with traditional and online news media, constituencies and other stakeholders.
- Create association’s social media strategy and update as needed on trends. Lead organic and paid social media efforts (in conjunction with membership marketing) to ensure the brands (Evofem and Phexxi) have a robust presence on social media channels.
- Proactively create media opportunities and coordinate media outreach activities. Coordinate communications efforts with other departments to ensure association’s positions are accurately communicated.
- Oversees and manages Public Relations Agency of record for all corporate and consumer activities.
- Oversees and manages Public/Government Affairs strategy and agency associated work.
- Coordinate and support communications activities in conjunction with other departments, to promote Evofem thought leadership and products to the media, members and external audiences.
- Stay on top of market trends, industry news, competitor activity, and customer and public opinion related to Evofem’s business.
- Manage PR & Communications department budget and vendor contracts.
- Supervise and direct activities of public relations manager, department interns, etc.
- Disposition, both in attitude and ability to ramp in new areas and to shift priorities based as business objectives.
- Outstanding writing and presentation skills and demonstrated ability to develop creative communications programs and initiatives.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and launch complex public relations, advocacy and social media campaigns.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to get along with diverse constituencies and personalities.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to work in a deadline driven environment.
- Strategic thinker; able to handle multiple projects; have an ability to set priorities and be accountable for results.
This position will be responsible for the management of direct report(s). This position will also require significant agency management, cross-functional team leadership and interaction with the CEO and the Executive Leadership Team.
Education and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in related field.
- 8+ years of Public Relations experience, preferably in a commercial-stage pharmaceutical or similar healthcare industry experience
- Women’s health care experience preferred
- Solid/proven track record of developing and executing PR plans and strategies.
- Able to demonstrate analytical and strategic thought in plans and programs, as well as the ability to execute creative tactics.
- Exceptionally strong writing/editing skills for developing creative press materials as well as internal/external communications.
- Social media savvy, required.
- Demonstrated experience in media relations, message development, project management, strategic planning and execution, and media training spokespeople.
Travel: Ability to travel 30% – 50% of the time as needed.
Evofem Biosciences provides a competitive salary and generous benefits package including medical, dental, vision coverage, 401k, paid vacation and Holidays.
Evofem Biosciences is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, military or veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process, due to a disability, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job posted: 2022-07-24