Director Stakeholder Communications
The Director, Stakeholder Communications is responsible for leading and building upon outreach and content in support of the American Cleaning Institute’s (ACI) purpose: serving the growth and innovation of the U.S. cleaning products industry by advancing the health and quality of life of people and protecting our planet. This position interprets and communicates ACI’s technical and legislative messages and product use information and creates dialogues with a variety of external stakeholder audiences (such as groups focused on policy, health, science, chemistry, safety, retailers, environment, e.g.) that can help echo our industry’s commitment to science, safety, health and sustainability.
The Director must be able to communicate scientific and technical information in a way that the lay audience understands. This position serves as a spokesperson for ACI and represents the Institute in public and media settings. Accordingly, the Director must be a clear and articulate communicator and present a professional demeanor and appearance.
This position develops and expands outreach programs and communications based on key industry issues as well as on the safe and proper use of industry products. The Director must possess the ability to build and grow relationships with internal and external stakeholders and possess excellent project management skillsets.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Skill
Bachelor’s Degree in communication, journalism, marketing, public relations or a related field is required. In addition, the Director should have at least 7-10 years of professional experience in writing, communicating, and project management and must possess excellent oral and written communication skills, with the ability to create and maintain dialogues and relationships with a variety of stakeholder organizations. Knowledge/background in science or technical communications is a plus. Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office products is required. Must have the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously in a dynamic, fast-paced environment while working positively and productively in a team environment.
This position requires someone to be collaborative, creative, enthusiastic, proactive and flexible, as well as have the ability to build the vision for ACI’s outreach programs. This position requires an excellent business acumen – the ability to assess a situation and make decisions and suggestions for improvement as well as an impeccable attention to detail and follow-through.
- Leads, creates and/or builds ACI’s outreach programs from project initiation through successful project delivery with respect to budget, time, and resources with limited oversight.
- Manages programmatic budgets and identifies support needed to execute Institute’s priorities as it relates to outreach programs.
- Manages existing stakeholder outreach efforts while also identifying and addressing program gaps and opportunities. Develops new outreach programming to meet evolving industry, stakeholder, and audience needs.
- Collaborates and engages with other departments and ACI membership to better understand key areas of opportunity in stakeholder engagement, creating initiatives and deliverables.
- Promotes the use of ACI outreach initiatives via conferences, workshops, webinars and other related mechanisms.
- Represents ACI at professional meetings, to stakeholder groups, and via media interviews (including print, broadcast and online), as required.
- Initiates, develops, and coordinates special ACI projects having an outreach or consumer focus.
ACI offers an excellent benefits package, including but not limited to health insurance, 13 paid holidays, paid vacation, personal, and sick days, and a generous 401(k) plan.
Interested applicants may submit a resume and cover letter to Resumes@CleaningInstitute.org.
Job posted: 2019-08-19