Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Director, State Advocacy & Policy
The Director for State Advocacy & Policy will be responsible for developing a state advocacy program to guide interactions with state legislators and other external stakeholders that engage in state legislative and policy initiatives. The role will require the successful candidate to advocate before and interact with New York state legislators, agencies, and other stakeholders in close collaboration with internal colleagues to support Regeneron’s state public policy and legislative initiatives and goals. This will require travel between our Gov’t Affairs offices in Washington DC and the NY State Capitol.
A typical day may include:
- Help build and maintain close collaboration with key subject matter authorities / internal business units and facilitate alignment between Regeneron and NY state government affairs and health policy activities.
- Develop and implement Regeneron’s state policy strategy and advocacy efforts
- Enhance or facilitate new professional relationships to inform and advocate before state elected officials on patient focused policy initiatives
- Participate in project teams and advise the SVP and PPGA team on state government affairs and policy landscape and critical government proposals and actions.
- Identify and interpret complex state regulatory and legislative issues;
- Communicate to internal collaborators on state policy developments and state legislative issues
- Develop key state-level trade association relationships
- Develop strategies for and drive state legislation and collateral advocacy and materials
- Build and maintain professional relationships in state trade groups to anticipate state policy, regulatory and legislative activity for upcoming issues that may have impact on Regeneron and patients
- Inform the budget for State Affairs, communication plan, and operating model
This role may be for you if you possess:
- A high level of energy and passion for patients, innovative science, biotechnology, and public health.
- Knowledge of public policy and patient, provider, and health care organization community.
- Knowledge of health care system and key policies relevant to biopharmaceutical sector.
- Successful working collaboratively and within cross-functional teams.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communications skills.
To be considered for this position you must have a Bachelor or higher degree in public policy, law, political science, or related experience. 6+ years of experience in or with Congress, policy advocacy organization, or government relations. Experience with public policy community, including think tanks, academics, policy advocates, trade associations or other NGOs.
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides comprehensive benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and equity awards, annual bonuses, and paid time off for eligible employees at all levels!
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or parental status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.
The salary ranges provided are shown in accordance with U.S. law and apply to U.S. based positions, where the hired candidate will be located in the U.S. If you are outside the U.S, please speak with your recruiter about salaries and benefits in your location.
Salary Range (annually)
$172,500.00 – $287,500.00
Job posted: 2023-05-25