Director, State Affairs
Located in our Washington, D.C. office, the National Association of Community Health Centers – a mid-sized, non-profit committed to providing high-quality and patient-directed health care to underserved communities is seeking a full time Director, State Affairs.
This position coordinates with various NACHC departments to support Primary Care Associations (PCA), Health Center Controlled Networks (HCCN) and other relevant organizations awareness of federal and state-based regulatory, policy issues and program developments that affect quality, FQHC payment and access to primary and preventative health care services. This position leads efforts to leverage federal and state resources, share promising practices and strategy to better position health centers to drive state level transformation efforts.
- Develop and provide training and technical assistance to support PCA/HCCN efforts to respond effectively to federal and state policy trends related to primary care access, workforce, value based payment, improving quality outcomes and partnership development;
- Facilitate and support the development of various reimbursement models for health centers that further position and enhance health center participation in state and national transformation efforts;
- Organize and conduct national conferences and webinars related to the above issues, including developing various interactive educational sessions and national peer learning collaboratives;
- Identify, draft and/or distribute federal and state regulatory and policy analysis, reports on promising practices, updates, and tool kits and other materials that highlight relevant state and federal policy issues, including Medicaid, Medicare, delivery system redesign and value based purchasing, state funding for health centers, health care quality and access, workforce, health disparities and special populations;
- Collaborate and act as a liaison with national organizations and funders, that focus on state health policy, to further the health center policy agenda and provide technical support to enhance PCA/HCCN infrastructure, advocacy and policy expertise;
- Provide guidance and support to PCAs on forming strategic state and regional partnerships and operationalizing state advocacy plans to better position health centers in various state environments;
- Direct supervision of staff and interns in the Department of State Affairs; and
- Other duties assigned by the Chief Strategy Officer.
- Master’s degree in health policy or public health (preferred) and a minimum of 6 years related work experience;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Previous work experience with state level organizations/affiliates: experience with community health center, PCAs or HCCNs (preferred);
- Strong management and leadership skills;
- Fundraising experience; and
- Strong background in Medicaid policy, health legislation, and other regulatory and policy issues.
NACHC provides a dynamic and team-oriented work environment, a comprehensive employee benefits package in addition to a market competitive salary. Our benefits package includes Retirement (403b with employer contribution at two years of employment), Medical, , Dental, Life, AD&D, LTD, in addition to a generous leave package. Apply here: https://nachc.recruiterbox.com/jobs/fk0jbmv?cjb_hash=O_uCiO28&apply_now=true
Job posted: 2019-06-15