Director of State Government Affairs
Micron’s vision is to transform how the world uses information to enrich life for all. Join an inclusive team focused on one thing: using our expertise in the relentless pursuit of innovation for customers and partners. The solutions we create help make everything from virtual reality experiences to breakthroughs in neural networks possible. We do it all while committing to integrity, sustainability, and giving back to our communities. Because doing so can spark the very innovation we are pursuing.
Req. ID: 290863
The Director of State Government Affairs will develop and execute proactive advocacy strategies in Idaho, Virginia, California and other key geographies. This position will directly represent Micron’s issues and values before government officials, as well as leverage trade associations, consultants and other key stakeholder groups to drive legislative priorities at the state and local levels. The Director will also anticipate political challenges and advise Micron leadership on legislative and regulatory opportunities, risks and strategies. The role will collaborate with other team members in legal, operations, finance, strategy and communications functions.
This position will report to the Head of Global Government and Public Affairs and will be based in Boise, Idaho.
- Develop and execute comprehensive, proactive advocacy strategies using all the tools in the toolbox—direct lobbying, public affairs, trade association and consultants, political and civic engagement, and third party outreach.
- Build trusted and collaborative relationships with Micron’s senior leadership and advise them on legislative, regulatory and political developments, and any related impact to Micron’s business, values and brand.
- Cultivate strong relationships with key government officials and staff members in Idaho, Virginia, California and other key geographies on behalf of the company
- 10+ years in government, government affairs or public affairs work. Previous corporate experience a plus.
- Deep understanding of state & local politics and government processes
- Strong presentation skills and executive presence
- Ability to effectively advocate across party lines on issues important to our business and our values
- Understanding of, and commitment to, compliance with state and local lobbying requirements and ethics rules
About Micron Technology, Inc.
We are an industry leader in innovative memory and storage solutions. Through our global brands – Micron® and Crucial® – our broad portfolio of high-performance memory and storage technologies, including DRAM, NAND, 3D XPoint™ memory and NOR, is transforming how the world uses information to enrich life. Backed by more than 40 years of technology leadership, our memory and storage solutions enable disruptive trends, including artificial intelligence, 5G, machine learning and autonomous vehicles, in key market segments like mobile, data center, client, consumer, industrial, graphics, automotive, and networking. Our common stock is traded on the Nasdaq under the MU symbol. To learn more visit micron.com/careers
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Micron prohibits the use of child labor and complies with all applicable laws, rules, regulations and other international and industry labor standards.
Micron does not charge candidates any recruitment fees or unlawfully collect any other payment from candidates as consideration for their employment with Micron.
For US Sites Only: To request assistance with the application process and/or for reasonable accommodations, please contact Micron’s Human Resources Department at 1-800-336-8918 or 208-368-4748 and/or by completing our General Contact Form
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-04-25