Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Director, State Government Affairs
This is a full-time, remote-eligible role requiring up to 50% travel, primarily domestic.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- In collaboration with Head of Governments Affairs, identify, assess and influence legislative and regulatory proposals.
- Develop materials for lobbying efforts, manage grassroots efforts and build coalitions to pass, defeat, or modify legislation and regulations.
- Counsel and brief internal business leaders on political dynamics and strategies to advance public policy objectives.
- Collaborate closely with Head of Government Affairs to develop and implement strategy for deployment and funding of contract lobbyists
- Proactively develop and manage system for tracking state legislative and regulatory policy issues to identify trends, opportunities and threats
- Serve as lead liaison on state issues with designated political and policy organizations, key industry groups and trade associations; impact development of positions critical to Novocure by advocating and/or collaborating with external groups
- Represent the company in public policy discussions, association and industry meetings, political events and other public forums as appropriate; participate/present in internal senior-level discussions and with customer groups on state public policy issues.
- Develop and maintain constructive relationships with public officials and policy groups across the political spectrum.
- Promote an ethical culture including but not limited to compliance with applicable lobbying, campaign finance and disclosure laws.
- Assess and implement best practices for industry-leading corporate government affairs program.
- 7+ years of relevant experience in government affairs, preferably in a corporate or business association environment. Wide-ranging substantive expertise in healthcare, including knowledge of the healthcare public policy environment, preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in political science, government, communications, journalism, health sciences or related field. Advanced degree in related field highly valued
- A creative and strategic thinker with leadership and communication skills to effectively collaborate with and influence diverse audiences at various management levels
- Strong project management, organizational and problem-solving skills; sound judgment and a willingness to resolve issues and problems in a timely manner
- High energy, team-oriented, self-starter, with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated exceptional and effective communication skills, both written and oral, for internal and external audiences at all levels; ability to develop rapport and credibility across the organization
- Success in a small department demands teamwork, collaboration, ability to juggle multiple responsibilities with high quality execution in a fast-paced, detail-oriented environment
- Willingness to travel extensively
- Up to 50% travel
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds
Novocure is taking a responsible approach to creating environments that allow us to strive to extend survival in some of the most aggressive forms of cancer by developing and commercializing our innovative therapy.
As part of our commitment to health and safety, COVID-19 vaccines are required for our current U.S. employees. As an Equal Opportunity Employer it is our policy to provide reasonable accommodations to any qualified individual, who, because of a medical condition, or sincerely held religious belief/practice, receives an exemption from the vaccination requirement, if such accommodation would not result in an undue hardship for the company.
For more information regarding the Novocure’s COVID-19 vaccination requirement, exemptions, and verification of vaccination status please ask the Talent Acquisition Team.
Patient-forward: aspiring to make a difference in cancer.
Our patient-forward mission
Together with our patients, we strive to extend survival in some of the most aggressive forms of cancer by developing and commercializing our innovative therapy.
Our patient-forward values
Learn more here
Job posted: 2022-11-15