Director – State Government Relations (East)
Working with the Director – State Government Relations (West), design and execute implementation of corporate public policy at the state level, through lobbying, coalition building, political engagement, and thought leadership. Serve as company liaison to, and fosters relationships with, key members of state government and industry groups to promote company interests.
- Design and execute complex state government relations campaigns east of the Mississippi River;
- Build and/or maintain positive relationships with state officials;
- Work with the Director – State Government Relations (West) and Executive Director of Public Affairs to build strategic third-party relationships and thought leadership programing;
- Represent H&R Block at campaign and committee political fundraisers;
- Day-to-day management of state external consultants;
- Analyze proposed legislative and regulatory actions to determine potential risk and opportunity to the company;
- Key focus areas will be tax policy, tax administration financial services, consumer privacy, data security and labor relations.
- Engage with company business leaders to design and execute public policy.
- Undergraduate degree;
- Minimum 6-10+ years of legislative, political and/or lobbying state experience;
- People and issue management experience with demonstrated skills in risk assessment, strategic planning, negotiation, and influence;
- Successful multi-tasker experienced working with tight deadlines and competing demands;
- Willingness and ability to travel and to maintain a flexible work schedule;
- Ability to translate complex public policy into business strategy;
- Effective oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills;
- Exceptional listening skills;
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of the company, from senior executives to staff; and
- Strong presentation skills.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2019-07-24