Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Director, State & Local Government Affairs
- The Director of State and Local Government Relations Affairs will drive adoption of legislation that supports Siemens Healthineers’ products and inform sales and marketing strategy to promote adoption of our products based on current state regulatory environments.
- This position requires expertise in state government relations that includes extensive work with various state legislators, regulatory agencies and Governors. In addition, the position will represent the company with trade associations dedicated to state issues, participate in state legislative and governor conferences, and track and monitor state-specific issues that overlap with business priorities.
- The responsibilities will include the following:
- Monitor state specific laws, regulations and grant opportunities to assist the business.
- Develop messaging and strategy to combat state bills that have the potential to negatively effect the business.
- Manage multi-state legislative campaigns on specific topics.
- Coordinate across legal, regulatory, sales, R&D, communications, the federal government affairs team and outside consultants.
- Represent the Company before various administrative, regulatory, legislative, and executive levels of state government, and in some instances, local jurisdictions.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with regulators, elected officials, civil servants, and other key stakeholders.
- Develop the production of high-quality written recommendations, briefings, publications, presentations, and other collateral that communicate complex messages clearly and effectively to audiences, with a focus on state and local government stakeholders.
- Coordinate state and local strategy with consultants and trade association representatives to ensure active engagement on areas of interest to Siemens Healthineers and that all are aligned in support of our business strategies.
- Bachelor’s and/or Advanced degree, Political Science, Public Policy, Law, Health preferred or applicable comparable experience
- Demonstrated familiarity with the medical device and medtech regulatory policy landscape, including major legislative & regulatory trends and ability to grasp technical details quickly
- Demonstrated familiarity with state legislatures processes and procedures
- Demonstrated ability to interact directly with key stakeholders in the state policy environment
- Self-starter with the ability to prioritize, excellent oral and written communication skills
- Frequent travel (up to 50%) in key State Capitals as needed
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2023-05-25