Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Director of State and Local Government Relations
What We’ll Bring:
At TransUnion, we strive to build an environment where our associates are in the driver’s seat of their professional development, while having access to help along the way. We encourage everyone to pursue passions and take ownership of their careers. With the support of colleagues and mentors, our associates are given the tools needed to get where they want to go. Regardless of job titles, our associates have the opportunity to learn new things and be a leader every day.
Come be a part of our team – you’ll work with great people, pioneering products and cutting-edge technology.
What You’ll Bring:
- 6-8 years of policy or political experience on consumer data technology, privacy or financial services matters.
- Demonstrable track record of legislative and/or regulatory success with state elected officials and regulators.
- Deep understanding of state legislative and regulatory procedures and political processes.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and experience creating and effectively delivering factual, relevant, and easily understandable talking points and other messaging.
- Executive presence and superior communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple, complex issues in a fast moving environment.
- High-energy, self-motivated, collaborative and positive attitude.
Impact You’ll Make:
- In collaboration with Head of US Government Relations, counsel internal business leaders on political dynamics and strategies to advance public policy objectives.
- Manage external counsel and strategically engage with trade associations and partner coalitions.
- Develop and maintain constructive relationships with public officials and policy groups across the political spectrum.
- Design and implement strategies for executing on TransUnion’s overarching government relations objectives through direct advocacy. Negotiate directly with elected and appointed officials and their staffs on legislative and regulatory issues impacting TU.
- Build and maintain relationships with key public officials and serve as a TU ambassador with key external stakeholders.
- Assess and implement best practices for industry-leading corporate government affairs program.
- Position TransUnion as a leader in the risk, data, analytics, and information policy discussions through engagement with peers and industry associations.
Main Interfaces Externally:
- State legislatures and regulatory bodies
- Consumer Data Industry Association and other relevant trade associations
- Broad TU U.S. customer base
- During the COVID-19 pandemic, TransUnion has several safety protocols in place to protect associates, customers, and visitors. You may be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment and/or to participate in certain work-related activities. The exemption is available to qualified candidates as a reasonable accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, TransUnion has several safety protocols in place to protect associates, customers, and visitors. You may be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment and/or to participate in certain work-related activities. Exemption is available to qualified candidates as a reasonable accommodation.
TransUnion’s Internal Job Title:
Director, Government Relations
Learn more here
Job posted: 2022-09-20