Director, State Regulatory & Legal Affairs
Pharmaceutical Care Management Association (PCMA) – the national association representing America’s pharmacy benefit managers – is seeking a Director, State Regulatory & Legal Affairs responsible for providing state regulatory advocacy and legal support on behalf of the PBM industry. This position will report to PCMA’s General Counsel.
State Regulatory & Legal Affairs Responsibilities
• Lead and coordinate state regulatory advocacy on behalf of PBM industry by working in collaboration with PCMA’s General Counsel, SVP of State Affairs, and State Affairs staff, as well as with PCMA’s member companies.
• Monitor, analyze, and interpret state legislative and regulatory proposals impacting the PBM industry. Recommend and execute strategies to favorably shape state legal outcomes and policy developments affecting PCMA’s member companies.
• Oversee the drafting and development of written communications, comment letters, and studies relating to state legislative, regulatory, and policy initiatives that affect the PBM industry.
• Represent PCMA in administrative and regulatory proceedings when needed.
• Manage and participate in activities between and among State Affairs staff, PCMA member companies, affiliated industry stakeholders, and legal counsel to provide support and strategic advice on state legal and regulatory issues impacting PBMs.
• Collaborate with State Affairs staff to interact and develop working partnerships with state policymakers, influencers, advocacy leaders, member companies, and other industry stakeholders, to advocate and educate on drug policy issues and PBM value propositions.
• Minimum 5 – 7 years of experience dealing with complex legal and/or policy issues, at a law firm, corporate law or government affairs department, congressional staff office, policy institute, or trade association.
• Preference for bachelor’s or graduate degree in political science, public policy, government, or related field, or experience working in and around a political environment, with deep understanding of policymaking, particularly regarding health care and drug pricing, reimbursement, and distribution issues.
• A Juris Doctor (JD) degree from an accredited U.S. law school and bar membership in any U.S. jurisdiction preferred.
• An ability to analyze and summarize complex regulatory issues and provide incisive legal and practical advice in a timely manner.
• Ability to meet deadlines while demonstrating professionalism under pressure, with a high degree of autonomy.
• Exceptional listener and communicator who effectively conveys information verbally and in writing.
• Strong analytical and legal drafting skills.
• Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with third parties, including PCMA members, outside counsel, industry stakeholders, and policymakers.
• Ability to think strategically, drive issues to effective resolution, and reach agreement among diverse stakeholders and interest groups.
• Ability to lead, manage, and develop consensus among a diverse group of company lawyers with differing perspectives on business and legal strategy.
PCMA believes that organizational and employee success require a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workforce, and a culture that embraces and encourages different perspectives. We recognize the inherent value in employing a workforce with a range of experiences and it is our commitment to embrace every person’s uniqueness and to provide a professional work environment where everyone is welcome and treated with dignity and respect.
While PCMA staff is currently working remotely, PCMA plans to transition to a hybrid work model at PCMA offices in the Penn Quarter area of Washington, D.C. PCMA offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Interested individuals should forward a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Job posted: 2021-10-11