Director of Strategic Initiatives
Tracking Code905-505Job Description
The Director of Strategic Initiatives supports and advances Plymouth’s mission by cultivating and maintaining collaborative community partnerships and acting as a liaison with various groups, coalitions, and institutions working to end homelessness. The position participates in and influences community processes and policymaking relating to permanent supportive housing (PSH). The position researches, pursues and organizes public funding sources and other program resources to support Plymouth’s work. In collaboration with the CEO, the Director of Strategic Initiatives coordinates organizational advocacy as related to homelessness, housing, healthcare and poverty. As a member of the leadership team, the Director of Strategic Initiatives works in partnership with other leaders to achieve organizational goals.
This is a regular, benefited, full-time position.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
(Responsibilities, accountabilities, and competencies; may not include all duties of this job)
- Support and advance an equitable and inclusive organizational culture that aligns with Plymouth’s goal of becoming an anti-racist organization.
- Develop and maximize effective community partners by representing Plymouth and actively participating on subcommittees and workgroups that are relevant to Plymouth’s mission.
- Identify and act upon opportunities to raise awareness of Plymouth Housing with public funding entities, government planners, legislators, business leaders, community members, law enforcement.
- Establish and maintain ongoing coordination and agency liaison with public funding and planning entities.
- Actively engage in community planning processes as appropriate to Plymouth’s mission, e.g., coalitions, neighborhood relationship-building.
- Gather, analyze and present essential data that drives decision-making about the direction of strategic initiatives.
- Coordinate grass-roots advocacy on behalf of homeless individuals that deploys tenants, staff, board members, colleagues and volunteers to appeal to policy makers and elected officials
- Respond to community housing and human service agency requests for participation in collaborative initiatives.
- Prepare executive-level status reports on initiatives, project plans, progress and results of relevant activities.
- Attend special events and represent Plymouth’s values and goals with professionalism and commitment.
- Build and manage related budgets.
ESSENTIAL JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
(Any equivalent combination of knowledge, skills, abilities, education, and experience)
Education: A Bachelor’s degree in public policy, public administration or related field or equivalent work experience.
- A minimum of five years of relevant and progressively responsible human services management experience, including:
- Involvement with innovative programs addressing homelessness, behavioral health, and human services;
- Successfully competing for new and continuing human services funding for homeless programs.
- Established community leadership role within the region, including achievement in:
- Collaborating with professional colleagues to create community-wide advocacy agendas addressing homelessness.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Strong public speaking and ability to represent Plymouth’s vision and goals
- Effective project management – both at a higher, visionary level as well as lower, detailed level, as needed.
- Highly organized with great attention to detail, planning, efficiency, and follow-through
- Creative thinker and solution oriented with ability to maintain composure in stressful and fast paced environment
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to balance multiple program budgets and needs
- Demonstrated experience in data collection, management, and interpretation, with ability to create and adapt program needs based upon data results
- Experience with facilitating meetings and ensuring coordination/collaboration across multi-disciplinary teams.
- Proficient and experienced in the use of Microsoft Office applications; particularly Word, Excel, PPT and Outlook. Must be able to work efficiently and effectively with customized databases and technology, and conduct Internet research.
Learn more here
Licensure/Certification: None Required
Job posted: 2021-01-07