Director, Strategic Planning
The Raben Group is a public policy, strategic communications and organizational consulting firm. We were founded with a lofty goal and an audacious spirit: to make our nation greater by helping to shift public policy in a sensible, humane direction. We work intimately with policymakers and influencers in the nonprofit, corporate, foundation, and government sectors to identify shared interests, forge new connections, tackle our country’s most intractable problems, and uplift new generations of leaders and activists.
Now 90+ strong with offices across the country, we are proudly majority-minority and majority women. We are immigrants, we are disabled, and we are religious minorities. We bring our full selves to our work, and our varying backgrounds and experiences allow us to offer a unique and often untold perspective to public policy, and imbues us with the fierce urgency of now – we know why this work matters.
Spending any time with us, you quickly learn we value smarts, creativity, and audaciousness in our work, and for us, a sense of humor is a contractual must. Please learn more about Raben at rabengroup.com.
What We Need
We seek a Director to join and grow our Strategic Planning practice area. Our successful candidate will have a passion for designing organizational strategy that turns vision and intent into actions and results for our clients across all sectors, sizes, and capacities. Our successful candidate will bring years of experience successfully guiding and advising strategic planning initiatives in multiple industries and contexts; strong project management abilities; intimate support and counsel to leaders at the most senior levels; and a concierge-like approach to client services.
Our preference would be for our new director to be based in either our New York, DC, or LA offices, although for particularly experienced candidates we are open to exploring remote working arrangements. Our workforce is currently home-based due to COVID-19.
- Lead client services teams, primarily if not exclusively focused on delivering strategic planning services to clients in the corporate, nonprofit, philanthropic, and government sectors. Serve as a primary point of contact for client interactions.
- Serve as a process architect to align organizational vision and values.
- Provide process design and management, environmental scans and landscape analysis, team management, and other related services in support of successful engagements.
- Provide direct tactical service, which often takes the form of facilitating strategic planning sessions, small or large group facilitation, client counsel, and relationship management
- In collaboration with team members, develop, refine and/or execute various deliverables, including trainings, program/work plans, summative reports, recommendations memos, presentation decks, etc.
- Engage in and support business development activities, including networking, proposal development, brand-building activities, etc.
- Contribute to the Strategic Planning practice area substantively and tactically – thought partnership, knowledge-sharing, problem-solving, work planning, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
- Strong competencies in process design and management and project management.
- At least 6 years experience in strategic planning and consulting.
- Prior data collection and analysis experience
- Exemplary oral and written communication skills
- Strong project management experience
The Raben Group finds it quite natural to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, living the values of diversity and inclusiveness in everything we do.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-05-24