Director, Sustainability Communications
We seek an entrepreneurial leader to join our growing Washington D.C.-based boutique public relations and public affairs firm and run the ball on key strategic communications programs and initiatives for our enviable roster of blue chip corporate clients and leading nonprofits and NGOs. We specialize in sustainability and corporate social responsibility and while that’s not all we do, we do enough of it that we require team members to have demonstrated familiarity–if not fluency–in this space.
- Serve as account lead on a variety of client programs, proactively developing and executing strategy, contributing creative ideas and meaningful, measurable, approaches to story telling and content creation that support business, reputational, and marcom objectives of clients.
- Forge relationships with relevant influencers and stakeholder groups to extend client programs and uncover opportunities for collaboration.
- Manage and execute earned media and social/digital media programs aligned to visibility and awareness objectives of clients, including leading content planning and posting for social media campaigns.
- Develop a wide variety of written collateral/content such as press releases and media advisories, strategic plans, presentations, and reports.
- Cultivate and manage executive-level thought leadership and speaking opportunities
- Manage early career staff and contractor relationships to ensure delivery of high quality products.
- Contribute to new business development and serve in a leadership role within our growing team, helping to build our footprint while putting your own mark on our public relations practice.
$80,000 – $90,000
100 percent medical insurance coverage for each employee
Unlimited paid time off policy
Participation in company employee retirement benefit program
Collaborative culture that recognizes — and rewards —contributions to our success with a strong bonus program.
Beautiful, newly-renovated office in the heart of Georgetown, 2 blocks from WMATA bus line.
How to Apply
To Apply: Tell us about your “it” factor and what you’re looking for and send your resume to email@example.com
About Us: We’re experts in the practice of communications and public relations entrusted by blue chip global companies and organizations to help build their reputations, deliver on their values, and ensure profitable growth. Our programs, and especially our expertise in sustainability and corporate social responsibility, help companies, associations, and nonprofit organizations tell their stories and advance their interests with the audiences that matter most. We are a woman-owned, woman-led small business committed to a healthy planet, healthy people, work-life balance, and diversity of thought and backgrounds among our team members. Learn more at www.thewinstonagency.com
Job posted: 2021-04-21