Director of Sustainability and Public Policy
Michigan Forest Products Council and Michigan SFI Implementation Committee are seeking a hardworking, conscientious, and career-oriented professional. This position is responsible for assisting a team at a professional trade association in managing the Sustainable Forestry Initiative (SFI) Program, and directing goals and outcomes related to sustainable forestry public policy.
Qualified candidates will have:
- the ability to promote sustainable forestry practices across all ownership types and within public policy in that regard.
- experience in association management, public affairs, government, community relations, and communications.
- knowledge of environment, sustainability, forestry certification systems and regulations.
- background in data entry, continuing education and training programs.
- experience in membership driven organizations, governmental process, customer service and/or marketing.
- strong communication skills.
- solid organizational skills.
- comfortable working in a membership driven organization and the policy arena.
- computer and data skills, including various business software applications like Google Suite, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.
- a bachelor’s degree in an appropriate field.
This position requires a minimum of 40 hours per week with competitive salary and benefits. Benefits include health, dental, and retirement. We also offer a flexible work schedule. Base compensation will depend upon applicant experience.
Please submit the following to apply for this forestry position: cover letter and resume. Please email questions about this position to email@example.com. The Michigan Forest Products Council is a forest products trade association based in Lansing.
Job posted: 2021-08-15