Director of Tax and Trade (Government Affairs)
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with Members of Congress and their staff, the Administration, and federal agencies that will distinguish the company while proactively advancing company objectives.
- Navigate the legislative and political environment to address regulatory, legislative and policy issues that may impact corporate growth and profitability. Focus areas will center on key corporate issues including tax and trade.
- Create and implement comprehensive legislative and regulatory strategies through engagement with key internal business partners, congressional and third-party stakeholders.
- Engage with internal colleagues to ensure that business decision-makers have a strong understanding of the political and policy landscape for tax and trade in Washington.
- Cultivate unified philosophy through work with others in Government Affairs and Communications in pursuit of overarching objectives.
- Integrate and utilize Siemens’ outside consultants effectively in the development of tax and trade policies and political strategies.
- Execute tactics around the company’s Political Action Committee focused on political giving strategy and internal growth.
Required Experience, Knowledge and Education:
- BA or BS is required from an accredited University or College.
- Qualified candidates understand the legislative and political process and have 8+ years of experience working on or with Capitol Hill or the Strong relationships with key congressional or administrative staff required and knowledge and experience with key committees preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in trade and tax policy and other related expertise in issues of critical importance to company and its business.
- Experience working with a variety of stakeholders, including trade associations and coalitions, and ability to proactively drive objectives by effectively bringing individuals together.
- Must have strong oral and written skills to communicate targeted messages to a diverse group of internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to set clear objectives and effectively implement comprehensive government affairs strategies that include lobbying, coalition building, messaging, material generation and other means necessary in order to meet defined goals.
- Ability to provide strategic direction while working collaboratively as part of the Market Access and Government Affairs teams.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-04-28