Director, Trade & Investment Policy
The Organization for International Investment (OFII) is seeking a professional with seven to nine years of policy experience to manage and support OFII’s trade and investment policy advocacy efforts.
A successful candidate should have a strong interest and background in the trade and investment policies impacting global businesses, a demonstrated understanding of the legislative process, and excellent analytical and writing skills. Knowledge of U.S. trade policy, international trade agreements, and the Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States (CFIUS) is important for the position.
This candidate should be a strategic thinker, capable of anticipating project needs and meeting deadlines with quality work in a fast-paced environment. The position reports to OFII’s Vice President, Public Policy & Government Affairs.
- Lead OFII’s advocacy work on trade & investment policy issues
- Lobby Congress and the administration on behalf of member companies
- Manage outside consulting firms to support OFII’s trade & investment-related policy efforts
- Draft and manage OFII’s written work product related to trade & investment issues, including: comment letters, testimony, and memos
- Track legislation through committee and floor action on policy priorities
- Manage government affairs related events, including membership meetings and lobby days
- Help build coalitions in support of OFII’s federal trade & investment priorities among third-party organizations
- Assist in OFII’s state government affairs efforts when needed
- Demonstrable legislative knowledge and trade policy experience
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a high degree of professionalism
- Bachelor’s degree
- A minimum of five years working for a Member of Congress as a Legislative Assistant or higher position. Additional experience at a trade association or a government affairs firm is a plus.
- Experience on trade policy issues while working for members on the House Ways and Means Committee and/or the Senate Finance Committee is a plus.
OFII is a business association based in Washington, DC that was founded more than 25 years ago. OFII’s members, the U.S. subsidiaries of foreign companies, include some of the largest global companies in the world, e.g. Honda, Nestlé, Sony, and Unilever. The purpose of the organization is to educate policymakers and the public on the benefits foreign direct investment brings to the U.S. economy and to advocate at state and federal levels on their behalf.
Please send resume, cover letter and salary history to Stephanie Minor at email@example.com.
For more information about OFII, please visit our website at www.ofii.org.
Job posted: 2018-04-26