Director of U.S. Legislative Affairs
The U.S. Director of Legislative Affairs will be responsible for developing and executing a U.S. federal legislative affairs strategy that helps to expand the domestic and international utilization of DJI technology across civil, recreational, and public markets in the United States. This person will have a leading role in interacting with Member of Congress, congressional staff, and House & Senate committee staff. This position will also support and help manage other international, federal, state, and local government affairs efforts within DJI that relate to federal legislative policy.
– Implement and manage an effective federal legislative strategy in the U.S., which also complements DJIs international, state, and local policy goals.
– Increase visibility of positive use-cases for DJIs technology with key legislative stakeholders to broaden awareness and support the companys U.S. policy goals.
– Build and maintain strong relationships with U.S. legislators and their staff, regulators, peer companies, and trade associations to advance the company’s business objectives.
– Work closely with the VP of Policy to develop long-term strategic outcomes across a variety of policy issues, consistent with global policy developments and objectives.
– Forge relationships and alliances with traditional and “non-traditional” partners that can fortify DJI’s U.S. policy.
– Advise and participate (as necessary) in coalitions and trade association.
– Work with the DJI Corporate Communication Director, North America to align and leverage company messaging for managing policy narratives in the U.S.
– Bachelor’s Degree (B.A. or B.S.) required.
– Minimum 8 years’ experience with U.S. public policy and government affairs, such as legislative and regulatory advocacy, lobbying, coalitions, government service, etc.
– Private-sector experience, especially with an international footprint in aerospace, transportation or technology, is a plus.
– Demonstrated ability to build relationships with top level legislators and regulators.
– Familiarity with transportation, unmanned aircraft systems, and defense legislation is preferred.
– Prior experience with media engagement
– Goal and results oriented
– Diplomacy and tact; firm in your convictions but sophisticated in the art of compromise
– Can thrive in team environment, while also taking responsibility and leading others.
– U.S. and international travel.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2019-03-20