Director, US Public Affairs & Advocacy
About the Alliance for Regenerative Medicine
The Alliance for Regenerative Medicine (ARM) is the leading international advocacy
organization dedicated to realizing the promise of regenerative medicines and
advanced therapies. ARM promotes legislative, regulatory and reimbursement
initiatives to advance this innovative and transformative sector, which includes cell
therapies, gene therapies and tissue-based therapies. Early products to market
have demonstrated profound, durable and potentially curative benefits that are
already helping thousands of patients worldwide, many of whom have no other
viable treatment options. Hundreds of additional product candidates contribute to a
robust pipeline of potentially life-changing regenerative medicines and advanced
therapies. In its 11-year history, ARM has become the global voice of the sector,
representing the interests of 370+ members worldwide, including small and large
companies, academic research institutions, major medical centers and patient
Director, US Public Affairs & Advocacy – this is an exciting opportunity for the right
professional to step into a new, important and high-profile role to advance ARM’s
policy, political and advocacy goals.
Based on experience. Health, dental & vision insurance + 401(k).
Position is full time and based in Washington, D.C. There will be some
domestic travel (10-15%).
The Director, US Public Affairs & Advocacy will report to the Senior Vice
President of Global Public Affairs and collaborate with her to develop, drive and
tactically execute ARM’s market access public affairs strategy – including
government relations, policy and advocacy. The Director will lead ARM’s
Government Affairs and Market Access & Value Committees, engaging regularly
with the key companies and non-profit organizations driving the sector forward.
• Advance ARM policy positions among key US stakeholders, including
Congress, the White House, CMS, and state government officials in
collaboration with the SVP of Global Public Affairs.
• Enhance ARM’s reputation as the global voice of the cell & gene
therapy sector through proactive expert stakeholder engagement.
• Serve as ARM’s lead lobbyist and manage ARM’s US Market Access &
Government Relations Committees focusing on policy development
• Be a regular presence on Capitol Hill, lobbying for ARM’s priorities and
serve as key point-of-contact for Members of Congress and their
• Oversee ARM’s political giving strategy in collaboration with the SVP
of Global Public Affairs. This includes raising money for the PAC and
working with the PAC Board.
• Partner with the US Director of Regulatory, the European Director of
Market Access & Value and the Director of Public Affairs (global
media) to ensure the consistent and sustained execution of ARM’s
integrated global public affairs strategy.
• Collaborate with the SVP, Global Public Affairs & Manager, State Public
Affairs to run state campaigns that advance ARM’s US market access
• Draft policy positions, briefing documents, decks, reports and other
• Engage regularly with ARM member organizations and their
government relations and market access teams.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
• 15+ years’ experience as an effective DC healthcare and/or biotech
government relations lead and lobbyist. Will consider qualified individuals
who have worked in other regulated sectors but preference is in
healthcare/biotech. Previous in-house, corporate experience is a strong
• Familiarity and experience working on market access issues and policy are
a strong plus.
• Demonstrated experience executing integrated strategic public affairs
campaigns comprising government affairs, advocacy and policy.
Experience running state-focused public affairs campaigns is a plus.
• Demonstrated ability to strategically assess developing policy
opportunities and risks and effectively counsel ARM colleagues.
• Seeking energetic, go-getter – accomplished in seeing around corners &
making things happen. Team player who lives and breathes collaboration.
• Adept at translating complex healthcare terminology into easily
understandable information for policymakers.
• Demonstrated experience developing and maintaining relationships with
relevant stakeholders at the federal and state levels.
• Exhibits calm under pressure and when working against deadlines.
• Demonstrates highly professional demeanor and excellent interpersonal skills; experienced working with political stakeholders.
• Experience partnering with vendors, consultants and agencies.
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
• BS/BA required; MS/MA/MBA preferred.
Interested applicants should send a resume and cover letter to: Rashida DujueJackson @ firstname.lastname@example.org
Job posted: 2021-10-13