Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Director, US Public Policy – Federal Affairs
About this role
BlackRock’s Global Public Policy Group (GPPG) supports the creation of regulatory regimes that increase financial market transparency, protect investors, and facilitate responsible growth of capital markets, while preserving consumer choice and properly balancing benefits versus implementation costs.
GPPG was established in 2009 to ensure that BlackRock, as the voice of investors, could constructively contribute to global public policy debates that promote an optimal global market ecosystem. Our mission is to be the voice of investors, partnering with businesses across BlackRock to deliver concrete policy results that enhance market functioning and advance BlackRock’s global growth objectives. Our ability to provide substantive, reliable and balanced analysis on a broad range of issues has cemented our reputation as a trusted and constructive resource to policy makers around the world. We engage with policy makers via multiple channels, including through thought leadership papers, letters and consultations, bilateral meetings, conferences, political support, and advocacy through industry bodies.
This role is for a Director on GPPG to lead BlackRock’s advocacy at the federal level in the US. This individual will be responsible for developing, prioritizing, tracking, and communicating BlackRock’s public policy priorities.
- Advance BlackRock’s US federal public policy priorities, collaborating closely with Legal & Compliance, Communications, and other teams across BlackRock to ensure alignment of views.
- Lead engagement with federal policymakers, trade associations, and clients on BlackRock’s priority issues.
- Review key legislation and regulation and provide technical recommendations.
- Coordinate with global public policy colleagues to ensure a consistent approach across regions.
- Engage internal stakeholders to understand the interests of BlackRock and our clients as they relate to public policy developments; enlist subject matter experts as appropriate; assist with the development and management of internal working groups.
- Develop and review materials for engagement with policymakers.
- Build and maintain relationships with key policymakers and staff.
- Bachelor’s degree required; J.D. from a nationally-recognized law school preferred
- 10+ years of work experience in government relations, financial policy, or financial regulation.
- Excellent judgment and impeccable ethics; desire to succeed in a collaborative, demanding, innovative, entrepreneurial environment.
- Exceptional political acumen, thorough understanding of federal public policy and ability to be represent BlackRock with all policy makers.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written. Must be able to present complex concepts in a concise and understandable way.
- Strong skills in PowerPoint, Excel, and Word.
- Strong research and writing skills; strategic and creative thinking aptitude.
- Exceptional organizational skills and keen attention to detail.
For New York City only: The salary range for this position is $199,500 – $240,000. Additionally, employees are eligible for an annual discretionary bonus, and benefits including heath care, leave benefits, and retirement benefits. BlackRock operates a pay-for-performance compensation philosophy and your total compensation may vary based on role, location, and firm, department and individual performance.
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about.
Our hybrid work model
BlackRock’s current hybrid work model is designed to enable in-person connections and collaboration that is core to our culture, while supporting increased flexibility for all employees. In line with local health guidance and regulations, employees are required to work at least 3 days in the office each week, with the flexibility to work from home up to 2 days a week. Some business groups may require more time in the office due to their roles and responsibilities. The health, safety and well-being of our people will always be our top priorities; we will continue to monitor local conditions and health advisories in making decisions about our work environments.
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children’s educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment – the one we make in our employees. It’s why we’re dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.
Job requisition #
Job posted: 2023-05-24