Lake County, IL
- Advises and collaborates with leaders from HQ, Areas, US and global brand teams and other functional areas to develop and execute global government affairs strategies that support the commercial business units. Manages product and therapeutic area issues and provides strategic counsel to management to ensure effective alignment with corporate policy positions.
- Support key brands (Hepatitis C and Specialty) and work towards a more favorable environment for AbbVie’s business activities globally by influencing governmental policies in order to positively affect patient access and reimbursement among government and commercial players.
- Serve as the Government Affairs designated partner and single point of contact for the brand teams. Major areas of brand-related support will include 1) government relations; 2) policy and political insights; 3) public affairs; and, 4) third-party advocacy. Supports and aligns with brand teams for brand planning, strategy development and capacity building globally across a product’s life cycle.
- Anticipate trends in external environment that will impact AbbVie and develop plans to address areas of concern. Undertake regular and rigorous assessment of policy environment to develop, review and update internal stakeholders. Develop and manage plan of engagement to achieve productive long term working relationships for AbbVie and the brand asset with all relevant third-party groups.
- Mobilize appropriate policy, public affairs and government relations resources to ensure implementation of therapeutic area-specific government affairs strategies. Collaborate cross-functionally with internal stakeholders to ensure global alignment of strategies.
- Implement and monitor systems to measure effectiveness and impact of public policy and government affairs activities on the policy environment and on brand asset performance; develop and track key outcomes and deliverables; develop and manage program budgets.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
- Minimum 10 years of relevant experience in either the pharmaceutical industry, another health care sector, or in public policy or public relations role. Requires the ability to integrate political, policy and government affairs expertise to develop effective strategies and implementation plans. Experience in Government or Public Affairs and access campaigns in key markets/areas including designing and leading coalitions and campaigns required.
- Requires excellent skills, knowledge, understanding and extensive background in the core areas of government affairs and policy (Stakeholder and Alliance Development, Government Relations, Medical and Science Policy, Policy and Economic Analysis) to maximize colleague contributions.
- The ability to lead and contribute to cross-functional teams. Broad-based background with working with stakeholders who have an impact on product development and life-cycle.
- He/she will be a creative, flexible, strategic and entrepreneurial thinker, capable of leveraging relationships and facilitate partnerships with industry peers, government officials, and other external stakeholders to reach public policy goals. Demonstrated ability to develop creative yet rigorous business problem-solving and planning skills.
- Has well-honed political sensitivities and impeccable integrity while having the executive presence necessary to deal effectively with high-profile stakeholders such as elected officials, executives and a variety of external constituencies including governments and leadership of multi-lateral organizations.
- Candidate must possess strong analytical, critical thinking and interpersonal skills, the ability to speak and write persuasively and with clarity, strong organizational skills, flexibility and adaptability to changing requirements, resourcefulness and creativity, strong attention to detail, a proven track record of being able to work under deadlines and an ability to work collaboratively in a fluid organizational environment.
- Must be an individual who works well in a team environment and enjoys working in a collegial, yet highly demanding culture. Must be able to work collaboratively with business leaders and other internal stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field such as health care administration, political science, public administration or policy required. Advance degree preferred.
- Candidates must also have comprehensive knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications.
- Domestic/International travel (50 percent) required.
Significant Work Activities and Conditions Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
: GOVERNMENT AFFAIRS
: USA-Illinois-Lake County
: Yes, 50 % of the Time
Job Posted: April 18, 2017