Director Vaccine Policy United States
The Director, Vaccine Policy – United States, will be responsible for supporting the Janssen U.S. Infectious Disease and Vaccines in advancing vaccine policy and advocacy on behalf of Johnson & Johnson in the United States, at the national level, in close partnership with senior leaders, internal subject matter experts in alignment U.S. State and global company positions.
The Director, Vaccine Policy – United States, represents J&J in key industry forums at trade associations pertaining to vaccines, continuously monitor federal-level vaccine-related legislation, vaccine access and regulatory policy developments and emerging issues. Coordinates with relevant J&J partners to ensure timely review of federal-level vaccine legislation and regulations for impact on J&J. Ensures rapid communication of key legislative and regulatory threats and opportunities to key J&J partners. Develops and disseminates policy materials to support advocacy on these issues. Partners with Janssen and Worldwide Government Affairs & Policy colleagues, in particular US Federal Affairs, to ensure issue prioritization. Provides subject- matter expertise on vaccine policy issues on key internal Janssen work groups, supporting the development and implementation of effective business strategies. Advances company thought leadership representing the company in external forums strengthening our leadership as an emerging player in the vaccines segment.
Worldwide Government Affairs & Policy shapes the global policy environment so Johnson & Johnson can deliver innovative and sustainable solutions for patients and consumers and deliver measurable impact on our business objectives.
We’re guided by our global strategy, developed in close collaboration with the business segments and the enterprise. By anticipating shifts in political dynamics and government policies, we identify emerging external challenges and opportunities.
• Lead J&J representation in key U.S. external vaccine policy forums (BIO, PhRMA).
• Provides policy analysis and position development on legislation and regulations of impact for J&J at a federal level.
• Leads the policy function representation in Janssen U.S. launch and strategic marketing teams and provide expert policy support for business strategy development.
• Serve as vaccine subject matter policy expert, contributing to the development of Janssen overall policy agenda in the United States.
• Support engagement of Janssen U.S. commercial teams with national vaccines stakeholders to facilitate access & implementation.
• Enable execution of product-specific policy strategy and related external engagement plan working closely with Janssen and WWGA&P partners.
- BA Degree is required.
- MBA/Master’s in related field: Science, Health Policy, Public Health, Law or other relevant areas of specialization is preferred.
- 10+ years’ experience in vaccines is required.
- Strong experience in policy is required.
- 5+ years’ experience working in the biopharmaceutical sector is required.
- Strong knowledge of vaccine and public health policies and immunization in the United States is required.
- Proven record in identifying policy trends affecting public and private health sector and advancing policy solutions.
- Strong oral and written communication skills to influence and effectively lead internal and external audiences to desired outcomes.
- Demonstrated leadership ability to identify strategic priorities, bring together different internal stakeholders, and deliver results.
- Ability to work cross-functionally and be able to manage up, down and across for results.
- Sound ethical judgement and integrity and an ability to build credible, effective working relationships both internally and externally.
- Ability to manage numerous, competing priorities under pressure and effective collaborative working skills.
- Self-starter, self-motivated.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-11-14