Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Director, WSJ Communications
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world’s largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America’s largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron’s, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.
Overview of Position
Reporting to the VP, B2C & External Communications, this vital position is responsible for promoting and protecting the brand and reputation of The Wall Street Journal. The Director, WSJ Communications will serve as a communications counselor and strategic adviser to this trusted news outlet, collaborating with senior stakeholders on communications needs and building comprehensive communications and media strategies that bolster the reputation of the Journal.
- Establish communications strategies, plans and narratives that highlight the Journal and its leaders, including internal/external content and messaging, campaigns, features, etc.
- Build strong relationships with and proactively advise leaders on communications opportunities, pitching strategies, stories and tactics
- Develop and maintain close, productive and strategic relationships with media outlets and/or internal/external communications partners
- Lead messaging and advise on reputational and crisis incidents
- Lead a small team of communications and media professionals
- This position will be based in New York City.
Skills and Experien
- 10+ years internal and external communications experience required
- Senior stakeholder relationship management experience is critical to success in this role
- Extensive communications strategy, planning and media relations experience required
- Skilled at storytelling and messaging
- Reputational risk and crisis management experience
- Traditional + digital media skills
- Ability to build and maintain effective business relationships in a virtual environment is essential
- Can develop influential relationships in a global matrix organization
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications or Journalism is highly preferred
- Excellent organizational and project management skills are required
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com . Please put “Reasonable Accommodation” in the subject line.
Business Area: COMMUNICATIONS
Job Category: Communications/PR Group
Req ID: 32124
Job posted: 2022-04-30