Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Diversity, Equity, and Belonging Manager
About the role
We are looking for a Diversity, Equity, and Belonging Manager to join our team! In this role, you will support the continued development and execution of Chime’s DEB strategy and efforts in line with Chime’s values. This role will report to the Senior Director of Diversity, Equity, and Belonging and work in close partnership with other areas of the People function, leadership, CRGs (Chime Resource Groups), and other key business leads. This position is full-time and can be remotely based.
For Colorado based roles: In accordance with applicable law, this role has an annual starting salary of $111,000 plus bonus, a competitive equity package, and benefits (see below). The actual pay may be higher depending on your location, skills, qualifications, and experience.
In this role, you can expect to
- Guide and execute on Chime’s DEB strategy and goal attainment in partnership with the Senior Director of DEB, Chime leadership, Chime’s People function, and other necessary team members
- Act as a company DEB consultant and provide educational and consultation support to various partners in the business
- Provide leadership coaching, when appropriate, to people managers around the areas of DEB
- Influence and partner with cross-functional working teams, including both People and business team members, to launch effective DEB and People programs
- Define and develop metrics for DEB programs and processes, aligned with business and DEB organizational objectives
- Lead DEB-related trainings and company events
- Manage DEB tools and vendor relationships to amplify inclusivity company-wide
- Work closely with other members of the DEB and Social Impact function to develop and achieve DEB priorities, communication plans, and processes
- Be a role model for DEB at Chime
To thrive in this role, you have
- Work experience growing and leading a DEIB function
- The ability to be a strategic thinker while also remaining priority focused and willing to take action
- The ability to form strong relationships with multiple team members including, employees, senior leaders, key business leads, and the external DEIB community
- Strong coaching and facilitation skills
- A high level of understanding of DEIB and a passion for the work
- Experience being an innovator and creative problem-solver
- Advanced level of emotional intelligence
- Experience defining, measuring, and reporting on appropriate data and metrics
A little about us
We created Chime because we believe everyone deserves financial peace of mind. By eliminating unnecessary fees and helping people grow their savings automatically, we’ve empowered millions of Americans to take control of their finances.
Chime is the largest and fastest-growing U.S. player in the challenger-banking space. Through our banking partners, we offer access to bank accounts with fee-free overdraft, provide members the chance to receive early access to their paychecks, help them improve their credit, and more!
We’ve built one of the most experienced leadership teams in Fintech and were recently valued at over $25.5B. We’ve raised over $1.7B in funding from leading investors including Sequoia Capital Global Equities, SoftBank Vision Fund 2, General Atlantic, Tiger Global, Dragoneer, DST, Coatue, Iconiq, Menlo Ventures and others.
What we offer
- 💰 Competitive salary based on experience
- ✨ 401k match plus the usual medical, dental, vision, life, and disability benefits
- 📝 Quarterly stipend to spruce up your home office
- 🏝 Generous vacation policy and company-wide Take Care of Yourself Days
- 🖥 Virtual events to connect with your fellow Chimers- think cooking classes, music festivals, mixology classes, paint nights, etc., and delicious snack boxes, too!
- 💚 A challenging and fulfilling opportunity to join one of the most experienced teams in FinTech and help create a completely new kind of banking service
We know that great work comes from great, and inclusive teams. At Chime, we specifically look for individuals of varying strengths, skills, backgrounds, and ideas. We believe this gives us a competitive advantage to better serve our members and helps us all grow as Chimers and individuals.
We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Chime is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. To learn more about how Chime collects and uses your personal information during the application process, please see the Chime Applicant Privacy Notice.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2022-01-09