Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Diversity & Inclusion Specialist
Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, a Denver-based powerhouse national law firm of 300+ attorneys and policy professionals, is seeking a specialist with a passion for advancing diversity, equity and inclusion efforts within our firm and the legal profession. The Diversity & Inclusion Specialist will work directly with the COO, Chair of Diversity, Inclusion and Equity; the Committee on Diversity, Inclusion and Equity; employee resource groups, including the Women’s Leadership Initiative, Brownstein Pride and Tapestry; and business teams by assisting with the implementation of the Firm’s D&I priorities and initiatives.
- Ensuring that multiple D&I priorities and initiatives are moving forward effectively and efficiently by implementing project management skills and collaborating with the business teams and volunteer leaders that are critical to advancing successful D&I efforts;
- Supporting the Chair and Committees by scheduling meetings, distributing agendas, preparing meeting materials/presentations, and taking and distributing meeting minutes and action items for follow-up;
- Establishing and communicating project timelines and providing regular updates to the Chair and Committees on the progress for each strategic tactic;
- Preparing and managing the D&I budget;
- Supporting extensive internal and external diversity-related programming and events;
- Collecting, tracking and analyzing data with respect to talent recruiting, staffing of client matters, mentoring, retention and promotion of women and diverse professionals;
- Working with the firm’s marketing team to coordinate communication of the firm’s diversity activities and initiatives on the firm’s website and intranet; and developing internal and external D&I-related presentations, materials, and other projects;
- Serving as the point of contact for diversity and inclusion-related industry surveys, RFPs, RFIs, and client diversity and inclusion related inquiries;
- Tracking and coordinating the Firm’s sponsorship of, and participation in, diversity-related programs and professional organizations;
- Conducting research and staying current on diversity best practices and new diversity programs within and outside of the profession; and
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and 2-3 years of workforce diversity, talent development, organizational design and psychology, human resources, or related background;
- High degree of emotional intelligence;
- Ability to handle confidential and highly sensitive information discreetly;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Expert-level skills with the Microsoft Office suite of software;
- Strong analytical skills to understand and report statistical data;
- Good organizational skills and exceptional judgment;
- Ability to work effectively in a dispersed team environment;
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects on tight deadlines; and
- Experience in a law firm or the legal industry is helpful, but not required.
Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck offers a benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401k + match, profit sharing, and vacation/sick/personal time off, in addition this role pays overtime for hours worked above 40 per week. Hybrid schedule offered. We are offering a salary range for this role from $75,000-$90,000.
Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck is an equal opportunity employer.
Job posted: 2022-08-23