Donor Relations Manager
Literacy Inc. (LINC), mobilizes resources in high-need communities to surround children with a literacy-rich environment at home, school, and in their neighborhood. Our 2-Gen holistic approach fosters early literacy development to nurture generations of lifelong learners. LINC’s vision is to harness the power that exists in every community to make literacy a value and a right of all children.
A pioneer in the field of early literacy, LINC leads several collective impact initiatives in addition to its comprehensive programs, and was recently awarded the 2018 Nonprofit Excellence Awards. LINC is a semi-finalist again this year.
Job Title: Donor Relations Manager, Full-Time
Reports To: Director of Advancement
The Donor Relations Manager will develop the strategy and infrastructure for successfully executing a plan for sustaining and developing individual gifts, including writing effective communications and planning appropriate cultivation events. The Donor Relations Manager will help develop LINC’s individual and major gifts program by building strong relationships and identifying solicitation and stewardship strategies to sustain and grow our individual giving program. In partnership with the Executive Director and the Director of Advancement, this role will help to strengthen our outreach, communication, and cultivation of philanthropists, board members, advocates, and supporters with the ultimate goal of meeting/exceeding financial goals. The selected candidate will ensure a continuous pipeline of individuals with leadership giving capacity and manage the implementation of thoughtful cultivation and fundraising events. Excellent written and oral communication required.
LINC is currently experiencing rapid growth and is projected to evolve significantly in the coming years. The ideal candidate will be joining the organization at an exciting time of opportunities.
- Help to create and implement a comprehensive “donor-centered” donor relations program.
- Compile Donor Relations best-practices into a set of guidelines to be used as part of a comprehensive Policy and Procedure Manual.
- Strengthen the donor journey ensuring various teams are aligned behind the goal of improving our donors’ experience.
- Improve our cultivation and communications strategies to foster a community of an engaged and motivated donors that moves through an uplifting donor pipeline.
- Collaborate with other members of the Development team, and across other departments.
- Reimagine the acknowledgement and donor recognition processes to welcome first-time donors and to retain returning donors.
- Ensure that donors feel valued by LINC and receive timely acknowledgements, reports on the use and impact of their gift.
- Manage and establish stewardship reporting materials, messaging and content with intent to develop broad-based high-value donor communication pieces.
- In coordination with leadership and other team members lead the envisioning and creation of giving campaigns and opportunities for donor recognition that build a greater understanding of and excitement about LINC’s mission and programs.
- In collaboration with communications, identify and develop new methods of donor communications that optimize web pages and social media, while tracking open rates and utilizing data to drive donor engagement.
- Meet regularly with program staff to collect stories, data (qualitative & quantitative), and other information pertinent to the development of intelligent and compelling solicitations and informational materials.
- Support the successful implementation of LINC’s signature fundraising events, ensuring these events are creating an experience that deepens guests understanding of and commitment to LINC.
- Assist Executive Director during her one-on-one meetings with the board.
4+ years of direct experience in donor engagement, stewardship, and front-line fundraising.
Bachelor’s Degree required and related certifications preferred.
Knowledge of fundraising, alumni affairs, communications, or public relations, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
High level of creativity, initiative, and motivation.
Excellent organization skills, listening, writing and verbal communication skills necessary.
Ability to work independently and as a member of a diverse team.
Proactive, and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
Ability to exercise good judgment.
Curious, collaborative, information seeking, continuous learner and creative problem solver.
Able to work in a fast-paced organization and adapt to complexity or ambiguity.
Demonstrated passion to LINC’s mission.
Paid Time Off
Apply to This Job
Instructions:To submit an application, please email your cover letter, resume, and writing samples to Suzette Soltero, with the subject line: Donor Relations Manager.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-10-23