Economic Analyst, Global Public Policy
The Economic Analyst, Global Public Policy will provide analytical and project management support to Walmart’s Global Public Policy and Government Affairs team, by supporting applied research on Walmart’s impacts across various stakeholders. The ideal candidate will work well at the intersection of economics, data analysis, and solving business strategy problems in a fast-paced setting. Candidate should be a clear thinker and an excellent communicator, able to translate technical work to a broader audience through impactful PowerPoint presentations. Experience conducting data analysis and using scripting tools (e.g., SQL, R, Python, Stata) required. Experience working in economics research (particularly applied micro and experimental research designs) is preferred.
You’ll make an impact by:
- Supporting empirical research on Walmart’s impacts across various stakeholders such as associates and communities.
- Reviewing and summarizing empirical research on the impacts of Walmart’s operations on customers, associates, and communities.
- Collecting, analyzing, and communicating data with relevance to Walmart’s research.
- Preparing timely economic updates for Walmart leadership to facilitate decision making related to policy decisions, advocacy, and communications.
- Identifying and tracking economic trends relevant to Walmart’s public policy concerns, and providing economic updates for leadership.
- Translating economic analyses for consumption by multiple audiences in support of the work of the government affairs and communications teams.
- As directed, working with internal stakeholders and external consultants to drive projects.
You’ll sweep us off our feet if
- You have a master’s degree in Applied Economics, an MPP, or an MBA.
- You have economics research experience (especially using Applied Microeconometric empirical methods).
- You have experience working with data analysis, business intelligence tools, and scripting languages (for example, SQL, Python, Spark, Scala, R, Power BI, or Tableau).
- You are a strong communicator with the ability to translate economic insights into impactful visuals using PowerPoint and other software.
- You have project management experience.
- You are excited to work in a fast-paced setting.
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Mathematics, Data Science, Engineering, Computer Science, or related field and 1 year’s experience conducting statistical research, data analysis or related area OR 3 years’ experience conducting statistical research, data analysis, or related area.
- Experience working with data analysis, Business Intelligence tools, and scripting languages (for example, SQL, Python, Spark, Scala, R, Power BI, or Tableau).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to translate technical work to a nontechnical audience.
- Ability to create impactful slide decks and graphics using Microsoft Office and other software.
- 1-3 years in Data Analytics, preferably in Applied Economics
- 1-3 years in Project Management Systems
- 1-3 years in Microsoft Office (especially PowerPoint and Excel)
- 1-3 years in Business analysis and reporting
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Minimum Qualifications: 4 years’ experience in working with Legislative or Executive branch, trade associations, non-government organizations, or related field.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Bachelors: Political Science
Fifty years ago, Sam Walton started a single mom-and-pop shop and transformed it into the world’s biggest retailer. Since those founding days, one thing has remained consistent: our commitment to helping our customers save money so they can live better. Today, we’re reinventing the shopping experience and our associates are at the heart of it. You’ll play a crucial role in shaping the future of retail, improving millions of lives around the world. This is that place where your passions meet purpose. Join our family and create a career you’re proud of.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-07-13