Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Economic Mobility Specialist
Job Description & Qualifications
About Ford Motor Company Fund
The Ford Motor Company Fund is the corporate foundation and philanthropic arm of the Ford Motor Company. For more than 70 years, the Ford Fund has been supporting communities. The Fund has invested more than $2.1 billion in initiatives that ensure basic needs are met, provide access to essential services, offer tools to build new skills and open pathways to high quality jobs. The Fund’s work is rooted in Ford’s long-standing dedication to making a positive impact on society and builds on Ford’s legacy of helping create strong communities wherever Ford does business. Working with nonprofit organizations, community partners, and across the Ford network in the U.S. and around the world, Ford Fund provides resources and opportunities that build equity and help people reach their highest potential.
What you’ll be able to do:
- Help to develop and manage several key Ford Fund economic mobility initiatives, with a focus on cultivating an entrepreneurial ecosystem, and developing a Human Centered Skills curriculum for Ford Fund education programs
- Serve as liaison to several key economic mobility initiatives
- Oversee global replication of U.S.-based economic mobility programs
- Manage annual budget and grant approval process for key entrepreneurship programs
- Program implementation with minimum oversight
- Engage with economic mobility program partners regularly, including C3 university partners and recruiting schools
- Implement metrics and data collection process around key entrepreneurship programs
- Develop and manage positive relationship with external partners
- Monitor potential risks to program success and raise with management when necessary
- Collaborate with internal Ford organizations to obtain the operational support needed, including working with Human Resources with recruiting schools to engage in our programming and connect to the business
- Understand Ford Fund operational systems and governance process to ensure efficient and timely grant processing
- Be knowledgeable and understand project confidentiality to protect sensitive information and internal/external relationships
- Effectively represent Ford and Ford Fund in a professional manner including public speaking at external events and media interactions
- Develop the knowledge and skills needed to present opportunities to management for consideration as it relates to future programs
The minimum requirements we seek:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3+ years of future of work research and program development in collaboration with education organizations, or related entrepreneurship/nonprofit areas in a non-volunteer capacity
- 2+ years of experience coordinating or managing workforce development programs
- 2+ years in budget management
- 2+ years in conducting research and data analysis
- 2+ years developing and maintaining relationships with key internal/external customers
Our preferred requirements:
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Critical thinking skills and problem-solving abilities
- Self-starter with attention to detail and a process mentality
- Passion for workforce development
- Ability to think strategically and work across a range of business units
- Understanding of the business organization/structure
- Substantive understanding of the issues being advocated
- Experience/Interaction with senior management preferred
- Previous program management experience, with some experience working across organizations to coordinate activities/implementation
- Previous program management experience that demonstrates flexibility and strong problem-solving skills.
- Media training
- Some experience with external community engagement
What you’ll receive in return:
As part of the Ford family, you will enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings and stock investment plans, incentive compensation and much more. You will also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.
If you have what it takes to help us redefine the future of mobility, we would love to have you join us.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran.
For information on Ford’s benefits and compensation, click here: https://corporate.ford.com/content/dam/corporate/us/en-us/documents/careers/2022-benefits-and-comp-GSR-sal-plan-1.pdf
At Ford, the health and safety of our employees is our top priority. Vaccination has been proven to play a critical role in combatting COVID-19. As a result, Ford has made the decision to require U.S. salaried employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless employees require an accommodation for religious or medical reasons. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination or an approved medical or religious exemption.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2022-07-17