EEO/Civil Rights Policy Analyst
Knowesis – Interesting Work with Interesting People
Knowesis, Inc. has been providing data-driven decisions and solutions to our federal clients since 2007. Our highly qualified, customer-focused professionals are committed to providing information and advice to enable client success through holistic, thorough, thoughtful, and aligned approaches. Our clients leverage these capabilities to support their key business functions.
Knowesis is currently seeking an experienced EEO/Civil Rights Policy Analyst to support the EEO and civil rights efforts of the Office for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (ODEI).
Duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Provide subject matter expertise on equal opportunity, harassment, sexual harassment, diversity & inclusion, and other civil rights in the DoD civilian environment to the Office for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, under the Office of for the Secretary of Defense and Office for the Under Secretary of Defense for Personnel and Readiness.
- Develop policies and reports addressing equal opportunity, harassment, sexual harassment, diversity & inclusion, and other civil rights in the DoD civilian environment.
- Provide concise and expert messaging for Secretary of Defense, USD(P&R), EDFR, and other political appointees and career senior executives in preparation for hearings before House and Senate committees, to accompany Congressional reports, and to respond to inquiries from Congress and the media, in connection with unlawful discrimination, harassment, non-discrimination, and other civil rights protections.
- Manage administrative tasks of projects, such as developing and updating timelines, project tracking sheets, briefing decks, information papers, talking points; scheduling and supporting working group meetings; and staying up-to-date on the status of multiple projects at a time.
Develop support materials for DoD Issuances, and official memorandums and correspondence that comply with DoD writing style and formatting requirements.
Experience and Skills
- 5+ years of demonstrated knowledge of or experience with EEOC/Title VII rules and regulations, preferably in federal civilian employee process; knowledge of or experience with Title IX or Title VI rules and regulations.
- 3 years of “DoD Business Acumen” experience including DoDI & Federal Regulation processing, & experience with DoD style guide.
- Meticulous approach to writing. Adept at presenting clear, concise, factual reports free from political conclusions or any judgment of individual journalist(s) and free of grammatical errors or misspellings. Writing meets college bachelor’s degree standards for English grammar, spelling, and composition.
- Detail-oriented and organized, specifically focused on the administrative tasks of project planning, such as developing timelines that comply with DoD policies, meeting deadlines, planning 10-18 months in advance, and identifying early when a deadline needs to be changed.
- Analysis skills to review data, draw conclusions, and write coherently about those conclusions, targeted towards reviewing policies, identifying gaps, and developing solutions for those gaps. Legal research, analysis, and writing skills preferred.
- Independent worker and problem-solver. Ability to take the lead on a project and accomplish the steps with minimal oversight or assistance and, upon identification of a problem, provide options to address the problem.
- Highly proficient with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint) and MS Outlook for EMAIL and calendaring on DoD network. Experience with Microsoft Project a plus.
- JD preferred, but not required.
Government Security Clearance: Must have an active DoD Secret clearance
U.S. Citizenship Required
Client Site: Arlington, VA
This position requires on-site work for all or a portion of the work to be performed. The successful candidate will reside in the local area or relocate within 15 days of the start date. No relocation is authorized.
Knowesis, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-08-27