Electoral Project Manager
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA)
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is the nation’s leading women’s health care provider, educator, and advocate, serving women, men, teens and families. For over 100 years, PPFA has done more than any other organization in the United States to improve women’s health and safety, prevent unintended pregnancies, and advance the right and ability of individuals and families to make informed and responsible health care decisions.
The Organizing and Electoral Campaigns team staff member to manage and streamline internal national and state campaign work streams in order to maximize our ability to communicate, collaborate and win. This individual will be a strong leader who thrives in fast-paced work environments with the ability to handle multiple projects and tasks, while being ready for rapid response moments, and enjoys close attention to detail, process and spreadsheets. The Campaigns Project Manager will report to the National Campaigns Director and work to maximize communication and collaboration among OEC and with other PCA partners.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage and update overall reporting systems in collaboration with the National Campaigns Director.
- Create written documentation that is collected from the Campaigns team about activities, successes and opportunities in our target states.
- Conduct verbal briefings in cross-departmental meetings that lift up opportunities, successes and challenges from our Campaigns team and partners in the states. Tracking activities and key moments cross-departmentally with the Regional Campaign Directors, Data Team and Organizing Team.
- Responsible for managing ad hoc projects owned by the Campaigns Team.
- Manage the overall internal communications of the Campaigns Team.
- Guide the internal communication between the Campaigns Team and our cross-divisional peers to ensure the team is up to date on Federal campaign goals and strategies, incorporated into strategic planning for all public facing national initiatives and able to convey their expertise and strategic imperatives in the states.
- Work with Campaigns Team Senior Leadership and Regional Campaigns Directors to ensure that internal communication with telecommuters is efficient and adequate, enabling for their full participation in the advocacy campaign paying particular attention to the needs of our telecommuters.
- Gather input and expertise from all stakeholders to enable campaign leadership to make decisions about strategy, resources and tactics through meetings, emails and one on one conversations.
- Work with National Campaigns Director and Senior Leaders to project manage the overall campaign plans and electoral priorities— moving specific projects by convening key partners on such project, clarifying roles, developing action plans, and checking in/holding team members accountable to it and work with stakeholders to gather input and meet internal deadlines to move a tactic or strategy forward.
- Manage operations systems within Team in partnership with MO Team and Finance.
- Conduct financial administrative processes for the Organizing and Electoral Campaigns Department including expense tracking, processing payments for contracts and grants.
- Manage budget and contracts processes for the campaigns and field team across programs and multiple funding streams/entities including budget tracking and technical assistance to department staff.
- Administer contract(s) processes including requesting and executing contracts and grants as well as document management.
- Supporting financial and legal reporting process and systems during election cycles.
- Support additional needs of the Organizing and Electoral Campaigns department as requested
REQUIREMENTS / TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
- At least 3 years of related experience in campaigns, organizing and/or project management. Not-for-profit management experience, and electoral experience are a plus
- Polished presentation skills.
- Ability to see, understand and communicate the big picture as well as translate into actionable next steps.
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Detail-oriented with excellent project management skills, ability to handle multiple projects and tasks, often in a fast-paced environment.
- Passionate about the mission of Planned Parenthood and the role of health provision and advocacy
- Knowledge of diverse groups, working with a multicultural workforce, and sensitivity and appreciation to cultural differences is essential.
- This position will need to respond to the needs of a fast-paced operation.
PERSONAL QUALITIES / OTHER ATTRIBUTES
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills.
- Self-starter with a high level of creative initiative.
- Unflappable in face of crisis or high-stress situations.
- Sense of humor.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Planned Parenthood is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America participates in the E-Verify program.
Job posted: 2020-02-12