Email Campaigns Director
Everytown for Gun Safety, the largest gun violence prevention organization in the country, is hiring an experienced, solutions-oriented digital leader to help oversee our national and state legislative digital campaign efforts, with an emphasis on owning our email campaigns’ programs. The candidate should be energetic, innovative, and ready to lead a team of savvy digital campaigners to help end gun violence in this country.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
- Team management – This role will lead, mentor, develop, and learn from a team of five (5) state and national campaigners.
- Email and CRM ownership & leadership – Ensure our campaigns adhere to the very best email and landing page marketing and advocacy standards, including maintaining and improving our list hygiene & retention, improving email open & landing page conversion rates, among other KPIs.
- Strong writing and editing skills – Responsible for editing emails under tight timelines, ensuring each demonstrates strong theories of change and adheres to email advocacy best practices.
- Digital leadership – Work effectively with stakeholders across a variety of different departments to ensure our email programs meet our organizational goals.
- Data analysis – Be able to quickly assess campaign performance metrics in order to inform future campaign strategies.
- Innovation – Stay informed about emerging technologies and trends with a willingness to test, try, and innovate to better our campaigns.
- 7+ years of digital advocacy work for non-profit organizations, political groups, or related industries.
- 3+ years managing 2 or more full time staff.
- Mastery of email service providers, familiarity with ActionKit and EveryAction a plus.
- Exceptional writing, copy-editing and proofreading skills.
- Familiarity with email landing page production, particularly HTML.
- A demonstrated ability to synthesize policy and legislative materials into compelling copy that will drive grassroots action.
- The ability to work to meet deadlines and manage multiple projects
- A desire to work in a fast-paced, campaign-like environment within a growing, diverse team with unpredictable hours in rapid response moments
Everytown for Gun Safety provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Candidates who identify as members of historically underrepresented groups are highly encouraged to apply. A diverse workforce and open culture are at the heart of our organization and vital to our success.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-05-14