Emergency Communications Project Manager (Senior Consultant)
Are you looking for a company that commits to your success as much as you value delivering excellent work? Do you thrive in a team-orientated, collaborative environment that fosters inclusivity, encourages innovation, and appreciates you and your contributions when you deliver and help the company grow?
Corner Alliance is a dynamic, G R O W I N G consulting firm that devotes itself to providing an enriching employee experience while achieving project and client missions. We are looking to add an experienced project manager for our Washington, DC-based team that embodies our culture and fully embraces our commitments to deliver, grow and thrive. You are open to working across Federal agencies and have the ability to make a direct impact on our company and our clients as we scale-up. Ultimately you will contribute to meaningful work for our Federal government clients to help them do amazing things.
If your strengths include: strategic planning; performance measurement; project management; building Government client relationships; people management, then we are looking for you!
About the Role:
You will be responsible for managing a team of dedicated consultants to support a Federal government client with responsibilities spanning: strategic planning; data-driven performance measurement; client and stakeholder relationship management; team and performance management; project planning, execution, and monitoring; and contract management.
Key Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Lead a team focused on improving nationwide public safety communications with a focus on data-driven performance management and strategy
- Lead strategic planning for a homeland security program focused on public safety communications
- Quickly establish, develop, and foster positive rapport with federal government clients in a professional, creative environment
- Manage a consulting team’s daily activities and provide career development for team members
- Provide strategic planning guidance, program management, and project management while incorporating a ‘total quality management’ approach to support high impact results
- Manage and identify efficiencies or tools to improve existing/new organizational processes
- Spearhead ‘action planning’ and implement new, creative initiatives
- Bring experiences from working across government in the emergency management, emergency communications, public safety, public health, or homeland security fields to the client environment
- Bring impeccable attention to project planning and execution including everything from highest level strategy to day-to-day calendar management
- Design and facilitate meetings
- Carry out our Commitments to | D e I i v e r | G r o w | T h r i v e |
You will work as part of a dynamic team at the client-site in Arlington, VA.
*You will interview, onboard, and work remotely due to COVID-19 until it is safe to return to the office*
- Active PMP certification
- BA/BS degree and 8+ years of experience in project management
- Strategic planning and data-driven performance measurement in a lead role
- Experience working in the Federal government environment with public safety, homeland security, or emergency management missions
- Comfortable working at a strategic level while also producing high quality client deliverables
- At least 2 years of experience managing people, including career planning, providing feedback, and performance reviews
- Direct experience working on a daily (face-to-face) basis with clients
- Creative thinker with the ability to translate complex information into concise themes and action
- Receptive to all forms of feedback from clients and colleagues, and proactive to make changes
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong attention to detail and commitment to quality assurance
- Skilled in problem solving with a flexible approach towards stakeholders
- Demonstrates an u n f l a p p a b l e attitude even when faced with changes or adversity
- US citizenship or permanent resident with the ability to pass a government public-trust clearance or suitability
- Public safety communications experience
- Familiarity with emergency communications programs of the Federal government
- Understanding of emergency communications and technology policy
Don’t think you have everything for this role but are still very interested? Please don’t hold back from applying because you may not have it all. There’s no such thing as a perfect candidate. You can learn and grow with us. So, please apply if you consider yourself to be detail-oriented, can re-prioritize in a fast-paced environment, have great client management skills, can manage high quality deliverables on time and this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day.
And the part about consulting? You also don’t need to have a consulting background to apply – we have consultants here from many different backgrounds: non-profits, associations, government, private sector and anything in between. We offer a 2 day orientation where we teach you the Corner Alliance Way of Consulting. What you do need are: transferable skills.
Transferable Skills and Traits:
- Coachable – receptive to feedback and swift on implementing suggestions
- Unflappable – capability to navigate unexpected challenges with grace and come up with thoughtful solutions; you fully embrace a ‘we-will-figure-it-out’ mindset in chaos
- Resourceful – eager to learn more and develop skills you may not have; and ability to learn new systems quickly and a thirst to learn independently
- Innovative – willing to challenge the status quo, push boundaries, and suggest improvements to existing processes
- Excellent Writing Skills – ability to synthesize, be concise, use the active voice, proofread and edit
- Analytical and Critical Thinking Skills – ability to collect and analyze relevant information, problem-solve, and make rational decisions
- Prioritization Skills – ability to sequence tasks in order of terms of importance; and willingness to pivot if more important tasks arise
- Rapport Builder – having a natural ability to build candid, honest relationships with our clients and colleagues
We are a dynamic and growing management consulting firm headquartered in downtown DC focused on creating an experience that feels a bit different for our clients. We have their backs, push them with new ideas, and start every solution with their stakeholders to create high-performing, high-results Federal Government programs. Corner Alliance is serious about our Commitments: to Deliver excellence, Grow the business and Thrive in a vibrant environment.
Our Core Purpose is simple and meaningful: Help government do amazing things.
Corner Alliance offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package for full time employees including 401k matching (4%), PTO (3 weeks to start, 4 weeks (2-5 years) and 5 weeks (5 years+), health, dental, vision, short- and long-term disability, FSA accounts, 4 weeks of paid parental leave, 10 paid holidays (including your birthday off), fitness & cell phone reimbursements, monthly all hands update meetings, annual in-person all hands team building day and evening out, a semi-annual bonus program with check-ins for professional growth goals, a social team that coordinates monthly events, use of technology like Slack to keep us connected and collaborative, and overall, a company culture dedicated to highly engaged people.
Be a part of our award-winning firm and the great things we are doing – we are a seven time Inc. 5000 Fastest Growing Company and Fastest Growing Company and a past Winner of the Society of Human Resource Management When Work Works award for our amazing workplace culture.
Corner Alliance is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable law.
Visit us at www.corneralliance.com to learn more
Job posted: 2020-07-31