Emergency Planner Policy Analyst
Aveshka is seeking a Policy Analyst to support strategic planning, provide expert advice and task support associated with the development and maintenance of new, and current, USCG All Hazards –All Threats preparedness related doctrine, policy, program management, manuals, directives, and guidance
Aveshka is supporting the U.S. Coast Guard Headquarters Office of Contingency Planning and Exercise Policy (CPE) and their mission to develop policy for USCG incident management, contingency planning, exercises, and interagency cooperation. These policies enhance preparedness through effective plans, comprehensive exercises, capturing lessons learned, and implementing corrective actions to improve future contingency response operations.
- Maintain awareness and knowledge of all related policies or procedures which may affect information contained in USCG Manuals, Instructions, and other (Contingency Preparedness Planning Manuals, and other incident management and crisis response publications), and maintain a running list of recommended changes, deletions, or additions for each document
- Assist in facilitating meetings and provide other programmatic support for updates of the Preparedness Program policy, guidance, manuals, and directives. Assist in facilitating workshops, seminars, workgroups, conferences and other events.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of a USCG Multi-Year Training and Exercise Plan (MTEP) and facilitation of the Training and Exercise Plan Workshop.
- Support and assist in the development, refinement, and maintenance of preparedness/readiness measures and metrics to evaluate overall and unit specific preparedness.
- Provide support to the lead Pandemic Analyst on the team to assist CG-CPE with strategic planning, expert advice and administrative task support.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Minimum Secret clearance required, Top Secret preferred
- Minimum 5+ years of work experience related to the job description
Aveshka is a professional services firm focused on addressing our nation’s most complex threats and challenges. As a small business we’re committed to supporting our clients’ missions with services delivered by our diverse and experienced staff. With expertise in cybersecurity, emergency preparedness, and public health, our experience base spans federal, state, and local governments, as well as private sector entities.
Aveshka encourages collaborative communication and ongoing learning. Some of our benefits include:
- Extensive training programs
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Education reimbursement
- Technology benefits
- Commuter benefits
- Generous paid time off and much more!
Aveshka is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
Job posted: 2020-12-23