Employee Communications Manager
As part of the application process, a candidate account is required to log in and view application(s). Please be sure to check email regularly for information regarding our employment process.
IMPORTANT SECURITY ALERT: Please be aware that Voya Financial will never ask you to join a Google Hangout, request you to purchase your own equipment, or pay to apply. Keep your information secure when communicating with employers online. For more information on how to protect yourself and where you should report these scams, see our security section.
Reporting to the Director, Corporate Communications, the Employee Communications Manager works with the HR group (including the Corporate Responsibility and Diversity, Equity and Inclusion groups) as well as the Internal and External Communications teams to execute the HR communications plan.
- Provide leadership through the strategic use of communications to support the company’s HR mission.
- Maintain and execute an ongoing HR communications plan.
- Assist in the execution of internal deliverables related to the HR communications plan.
- Serve as the primary creator and coordinator of HR-related communications, including press releases, bylined articles, social media posts, intranet communications, speeches, scripts, award-submission text, etc.
- Write extensively, utilizing the above print and electronic communication vehicles.
- Conduct reporter pitches and position key members of Voya’s HR team as thought leaders, in collaboration with the company’s External Communications team.
- Work with the HR team to determine speaking opportunities.
- Assist with the creative components of the company’s annual CR report.
- Provide high-level direction for philanthropic events (such as the Employee Giving Campaign and National Day of Service) in collaboration with local event teams.
- Potentially manage a contract employee.
- At least 5 years of experience in a communications role.
- Experience with Corporate Social Responsibility communications — such as those related to charitable giving, foundations, or sustainability — as well as general internal communications.
- Experience with Diversity, Equity and Inclusion communications.
- Must have experience working within a multi-site company.
- Proven experience partnering with senior leaders.
- Experience with all or most of the following communications vehicles and how they affect each other: employee communications; executive communications/speechwriting; media and public relations; brand management; community relations; and public affairs.
- Exceptional track record of developing and implementing successful internal and external communications programs utilizing knowledge of best practices.
- Excellent oral and written communication competencies.
- Demonstrated leadership, achievement, and excellence in a world-class organization.
- Strong project-management skills – excellent organizational skills with strong attention to detail.
- The ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Prefer Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism or related field.
At Voya, we have identified the following critical skills which are key to success in our culture:
- Customer Focused: Passionate drive to delight our customers and offer unique solutions that deliver on their expectations.
- Critical Thinking: Thoughtful process of analyzing data and problem solving data to reach a well-reasoned solution.
- Team Mentality: Partnering effectively to drive our culture and execute on our common goals.
- Business Acumen: Appreciation and understanding of the financial services industry in order to make sound business decisions.
- Learning Agility: Openness to new ways of thinking and acquiring new skills to retain a competitive advantage.
Learn more about Critical Skills.
About Voya Financial®
Voya Financial, Inc. (NYSE: VOYA), helps Americans plan, invest and protect their savings — to get ready to retire better. Serving the financial needs of approximately 13.8 million individual and institutional customers in the United States, Voya is a Fortune 500 company that had $7.6 billion in revenue in 2020. The company had $700 billion in total assets under management and administration as of Dec. 31, 2020. With a clear mission to make a secure financial future possible — one person, one family, one institution at a time — Voya’s vision is to be America’s Retirement Company®. Certified as a “Great Place to Work” by the Great Place to Work® Institute, Voya is equally committed to conducting business in a way that is socially, environmentally, economically and ethically responsible. Voya has been recognized as a 2020 World’s Most Admired Company by Fortune magazine; one of the 2020 World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute; as a member of the Bloomberg Gender Equality Index; and as a “Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion” on the Disability Equality Index by Disability:IN. For more information, visit voya.com. Follow Voya Financial on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter @Voya.
Retirement is a leading provider of retirement products and services in the U.S. serving more than 49,000 institutional clients and nearly 5.1 million individual retirement plan investors. Voya also has approximately 1,700 financial advisors serving the retail market. Voya’s Retirement business is focused on guiding Americans to greater retirement readiness and financial wellness through employer-sponsored savings plans and holistic retirement and income guidance.
Investment Management is a leading, active asset management firm serving both affiliated and external institutions as well as individual investors. Drawing on over 40 years of history in investment management, the firm has the experience and resources to provide clients with investment solutions with an emphasis on equities, fixed income, and multi-asset strategies and solutions.
Employee Benefits is a top provider of stop-loss coverage in the U.S. In addition, Voya provides a comprehensive and highly flexible portfolio of life, disability, voluntary insurance products, and health savings and spending accounts to businesses covering 6.2 million individuals through the workplace. Please click here to read more: Benefits | About Voya Financial
We have several state-of-the-art facilities all over the country. Click here to read more about our offices and what each of them offer: Why Work at Voya? | About Voya Financial
Voya is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to maintaining a diverse workforce. Voya has been recognized for many of our diversity practices. Please click here to read more: Voya Values | About Voya Financial
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-03-23