Employee Communications Manager , Bronx
FreshDirect is seeking an experienced, strategic, and creative Internal Communications Manager with a proven track record of building effective internal communications and employee engagement programs for fast-moving organizations. The ideal candidate is a builder who is at their best when one’s work combines strategic thinking with fun and creativity. The identified candidate will have experience managing complex communications.
- Develop communication plans that think long-term, tying multiple communication moments together into broader strategies
- Deliver on innovative communication solutions to improve employee awareness, understanding, ownership, engagement, and advocacy of FreshDirect’ s mission, strategy, priorities, values, and results
- Identify, create, and distribute strategic content for large-scale employee communications (programs, initiative rollouts, launches, progress towards key results, etc.)
- Routinely measure and report out to stakeholders regarding the impact of internal communications
- Partner with Human Resources colleagues on change management communication so employees have a clear understanding of the reasons for business and strategy decisions
- Incorporate innovative communication solutions and identify new ways to effectively reach employees across the company with specific messages
- Provide employee communication advice, counsel, coach, and support C-level executives and key leadership team executives regarding employee communication
- Exercises careful judgement / sensitivity in identifying and framing communications
- Prioritize high-value efforts and trades-off work of less strategic importance
Education and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or master’s degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, or a related field
- 3 + years of communications experience (employee communication experience preferred) paired with project management experience / experience managing a corporate intranet
- A proven track record of cross-group collaboration, the ability to influence corporate and local teams at multiple levels
- A strategic storyteller and creative thinker who is always advocating for FreshDirect’s employees
- A deadline-driven self-starter with good judgement having a strong attention to detail
- High levels of energy, enthusiasm, initiative, flexibility, good humor, and commitment
Who is FreshDirect:
FreshDirect is a food tech company and the Northeast’s leading online fresh food grocer, delivering directly to customers throughout seven states, including the New York City and Philadelphia metropolitan areas, and the greater D.C. metropolitan area. FreshDirect is committed to sourcing the freshest and best-tasting meat, fish, produce, and specialty items through direct relationships with suppliers, growers, and farmers. Launched in 2002, FreshDirect is a privately held company headquartered in Bronx, NY. For more information, visit www.freshdirect.com
Our company aspires to be a valued corporate partner in all communities in which it serves and works extensively with dozens of charitable and community partners.
Why choose FreshDirect?
We are an innovative Food Technology company offering an environment where you can grow a career and feed your future and have fun while doing it! Great people deserve great benefits and we go above and beyond!
Wait, there’s more! Check out our #workperks:
Working here is pretty much as cool as you’d imagine – lots of food, lots of energy, and a whole lot of happy hours.
- Flexible and generous PTO plan
- 20% discount on FreshDirect and an employee at-cost food program (FD Market)
- We have a 24-hour shuttle service that runs back and forth to the subway
- Summer barbecues for FD employees
Click to explore careers and life @ FreshDirect CLICK HERE
Learn more @FreshDirect on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube!
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the Team member(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Position Descriptions may be subject to change as the needs of the organization change.
As an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER, FreshDirect does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of their race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age religion, creed, marital status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, familial status, or on any other basis prohibited by law. Furthermore, FreshDirect will not discriminate against any applicant or employee because he or she is disabled, a disabled veteran, or a veteran of the Vietnam era, provided he or she is qualified and meets the requirements established by FreshDirect for the job.
Job posted: 2020-06-19